What should i have done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkygirl

Reaction score
One of my clients, a nail biter, came in for a fill today and i noticed that she has developed a "greenie" underneath the nail plate of her right thumb. She has been wearing gels for about 3 months now and has been very good about not biting them, she does however "eat" her cuticles. Her nails grow slowly and she only comes in about once a month but never has any lifting. Now from what i can tell the greenie developed under her thumbnail in an area where moisture can become trapped because the edge of her finger has a bulge (from biting) and ger natural nail has grown over the bulge creating a little pocket under the nail. (not sure if you can imagine what i'm trying to say) She says the green spot appeared about a week ago and it is already making it's way (only a little) toward the back of the nail. I explained to her what was happening to her nail, cut the nail shorter to allow air to circulate in that area, cleaned it with alcohol, replaced the gel (keeping the nail short) and instructed her to check to see if it worsens over the next few days and if so, go immediately to her doctor. My question is, did i do the right thing? In my training i was only taught to deal with greenies that appear over the nail plate and not under. Was it wrong to replace the gel?

Latest posts

Back