What would YOU do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I retailed her Moroccan oil moisture repair shampoo and conditioner ;)

Is that all? She needs intensive treatments plus therapy after what classix did to her poor hair.

I had to pick a brush out of a nuns hair once when she locked it doing her own hair at the nunnery. She came running over to the salon with the brush poking out from under her wimple. Probably not professional to laugh so hard you go puce, but there you go.

Of course I rebooked her. She loved her blowdry so much she has booked in 3 times a week for evermore.

I have done sooo many screwups over the years, it would be embarrassing to list them all. I do however learn from them. I too melted hair pulled through a cap. It was my best mate though, so I just laughed so hard I couldn't breathe, and asked if she wanted to take her highlights home in a bag.

I'm glad you said that! It's awful isn't it? That feeling at the backwash where they're stretching in your hands and you're just thinking, "Never mind lubricating the hair, I hope the conditioner keeps it all intact when I pull this bloody cap off!" and it never does.

Funny thing is when highlights come off in a cap, they always leave behind an inch of white blonde hair at the root to direct the client to exactly where each highlight should have been!

Yup, learned from that one in a hurry!!

:(

Ok client on holiday from America visiting own pals she has never met comes in for blow dry
Sits in my chair and says, I have to warn you I have a glue on hair piece but you treat it like normal hair (never seen one before or since but it was basically a plastic cap with hair stuck over the top of her head with super glue.
Leant her back in the basin and put water on..hair starts shrinking and matting, I think oh that must be normal. I add shampoo and start rubbing..big lumps of glue is now a shiny down my sink.
Client is still unaware
By the time I finished shampoo and took her over her hair was a solid mass of knots and glue and re hair peice was holding on by litterally a thread. I took 4 stylists to conv it out whilst out junior attempted to hold it in place, 3hours!!!!! I had to let her walk out with it combed through and half hanging off because I couldn't touch it for fear she would meet her new friends bald!!
She emailed me a month later apologising to say the peice had been furtedx incorrectly but thankfully it had stayed on till she got home!!

I'm glad you said that! It's awful isn't it? That feeling at the backwash where they're stretching in your hands and you're just thinking, "Never mind lubricating the hair, I hope the conditioner keeps it all intact when I pull this bloody cap off!" and it never does.

Funny thing is when highlights come off in a cap, they always leave behind an inch of white blonde hair at the root to direct the client to exactly where each highlight should have been!

Yup, learned from that one in a hurry!!

:(

I turned a women neon green! Yeah that suited her freddy cruger face ;)

I had to pick a brush out of a nuns hair once when she locked it doing her own hair at the nunnery. She came running over to the salon with the brush poking out from under her wimple. Probably not professional to laugh so hard you go puce, but there you go.

Not so bad that she did it herself, what about when its one of the juniors who does it? Wraps the brush right up tight in the middle of a blowdry on long hair and can't get it back out. I mean how the hell do they manage to do that anyway?

Or when you finally give them a break and let them do some roots and you hear them saying to the client, "Oh, not really. You're like the second person I've done!" No matter how much training you bloody give them!

Lol

Ok client on holiday from America visiting own pals she has never met comes in for blow dry
Sits in my chair and says, I have to warn you I have a glue on hair piece but you treat it like normal hair (never seen one before or since but it was basically a plastic cap with hair stuck over the top of her head with super glue.
Leant her back in the basin and put water on..hair starts shrinking and matting, I think oh that must be normal. I add shampoo and start rubbing..big lumps of glue is now a shiny down my sink.
Client is still unaware
By the time I finished shampoo and took her over her hair was a solid mass of knots and glue and re hair peice was holding on by litterally a thread. I took 4 stylists to conv it out whilst out junior attempted to hold it in place, 3hours!!!!! I had to let her walk out with it combed through and half hanging off because I couldn't touch it for fear she would meet her new friends bald!!
She emailed me a month later apologising to say the peice had been furtedx incorrectly but thankfully it had stayed on till she got home!!

Furtedx..in making words up now!!FITTED!!!

Ok hair reborn journey of awakening and regular four weekly cut and finish with in salon awakening restorative treatments !!!! X

Not so bad that she did it herself, what about when its one of the juniors who does it? Wraps the brush right up tight in the middle of a blowdry on long hair and can't get it back out. I mean how the hell do they manage to do that anyway?

Or when you finally give them a break and let them do some roots and you hear them saying to the client, "Oh, not really. You're like the second person I've done!" No matter how much training you bloody give them!

Lol

We had an apprentice who rather then palming her comb had a habit of sticking it down the waistband of her trousers and knickers!!

Client is still unaware

I literally chuckled out loud reading this!!!

Have you guys ever thought we should write a book?

:)

Lol

One young stylist I worked with was doing a clients roots for the first time...Italian client 2/0 roots and few bleach foils toned.... Yeah my boss freaked when she noticed her longstanding client of 9 years was sat with Bleach on her roots!!

I literally chuckled out loud reading this!!!

Have you guys ever thought we should write a book?

I was crying (and 8 months pregnant) client was crying, my next client was sat looking very worried...

We had an apprentice who rather then palming her comb had a habit of sticking it down the waistband of her trousers and knickers!!

Ohhh fishy!

Ok hair reborn journey of awakening and regular four weekly cut and finish with in salon awakening restorative treatments !!!! X

That client is still suing due to the lack of a skin test!

We're now commiserating pointing out how bad it could have been based on previous disasters when we were Thiagos age.

;)

I have done a retouch and missed one of my hot cross bun sections out. I told the client it was because she used Fructis and I would re do it as a goodwill gesture..she also bought a load of shampoo lol

:O I hope no clients had head lice that could of ended badly !!

One young stylist I worked with was doing a clients roots for the first time...Italian client 2/0 roots and few bleach foils toned.... Yeah my boss freaked when she noticed her longstanding client of 9 years was sat with Bleach on her roots!!

I've neat done this! Applied red to roots and 2.0 in foils..client loved it!!

G on then...tell us how it happened!

Oh well you know.... First week being qualified.... I do a women's hair, tone the highlights.....the global application starting to grab... The gold tone From perfecton...... She sat up... Illuminous green!

Latest posts

Back