What would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanyaMackie

Reaction score
I had a client who’s gels were not lasting. She was the only one of my 40 clients that I had this issue with. We tried everything and nothing seemed to work.

She has now just text me as said she’s been somewhere else and they are now lasting. Her own words were ‘must be the genuine Jesica gel polish they use’

I have taken slight offence to this as all my products are genuine & I have invested a lot of time and money into picking my gel brands.

What I am asking is if you’d reply and state that all your polishes are genuine and from a reputable professional supplier or just leave it.

Thank you

It depends if you want to try and keep her as an ongoing client, personally I'd let her go. If all your others are fine and it's just her experiencing issues then I'd be happy to bypass the stress and let her go. I'd reply with something like 'I'm pleased you've found something that is long lasting for you, best regards Alanya' and chalk it up to experience. I often find clients are fine for the first couple of appointments then get a little over confident and start to neglect their nails, I suspect a similar thing will happen with the new salon but I wouldn't worry about it.

Messaging about suppliers and products just makes it sound like you are justifying yourself and you don't need to.

Thank you, it’s always hard as to how to deal with things. I do take things to heart but I guess it just shows I care about my business. Makes you realise how much a reception dealt with xx

I completely agree with Trinity. You are going to get those clients unfortunately. She sounds like she was always going to be a difficult one, so instead of beating yourself up, be happy she's moved on. Definitely reply with a happy message and let her know you're happy for her though

Latest posts

Back