What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you during a treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Ages ago, I went to a clients to do her infills with L&P and forgot my brush!!! It was a 16 mile trip to go home and get it, so I said I'd be about an hour - she said no - I'm sure I can find a brush for you - ended up I used her best eyeshadow brush (cleaned it first), at the end, I cleaned it again and we were chatting whilst I cleaned it, then I put it into tissue folded it and pressed the bristles whilst I dragged the brush out to get the moisture out the bristles. When I pulled the brush out and held it up, I'd pulled every last bristle out and they were under my finger in the tissue:eek: Thankfully she saw the funny side and we laughed about it for weeks. Her nails were no problem either!

2. My 1st client in one Monday morning......I pumped my pump on my anti-bacterial hand gel and unknown to me it had gunked up over the weekend and blocked the pump spout. The pressure of my hand pressing down on it made it go POP SPLAT and my client ended up with green slime (gunked up gel) across her face and in her hair - she nearly jumped out of her skin, it took me all my time to keep a straight face:lol:, but she saw the funny side after I'd cleaned her up thank god. She's still a client.

Aw this just had me in stitches my partner paused match of the day to see what was wrong haha

Aw this just had me in stitches my partner paused match of the day to see what was wrong haha

Lol me too my other half was going "what?! What?!" And I was just giggling away!
So funny it happened to me with a white hand lotion all down my clients top!

I had a new regular client over for her nails and my nail room window looks out onto the road. She was a quiet girl, not much conversation. A guy on a motor bike, one of those noisy rambler things came down the road and suddenly stopped outside the window. The guy on it started shouting and swearing at the motor bike 'you mother fu**er' in this funny high pitched voice of his. It was silent in the road apart from him shouting it again and again 'you mother fu**er' .. it was hilarious, client and me were in stitches, he was there for about 10 mins shouting, until he finally got his bike going again.

Client still comes to me and shes not so quiet any more, it certainly broke the ice :lol:

Not beauty related but the other day we was on our way home for the airport and we popped into maccy D instead of asking for a fizzy fanta I asked for a fizzy fanny... I didn't realise what I said and the (rather good looking) guy behind the counter asked me if I liked my fannies fizzy I just said yeah (still not realising) and he burst into laughter.. I still didn't know why until I sat down and realised what I said and I was mortified!

Wow. Thanks for this. I have never laughed so much!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Not work related but we are currently living with my in laws as we sold our house & the one we liked has been taken off the market. Anyway my father in law never stops talking. Ever. Our little girl has been difficult to settle tonight so I went in her room as my partner couldn't settle her. I just said to him "I'll try - I was trying to watch hollyoaks but your dad keeps talking over it its doing my head in". I said it twice as my partner didn't hear me the first time. Then I remembered the baby monitor...... guess where the other half of it is. D'oh!!! Hopefully he didn't hear it :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd love to revive this thread if anyone has anything to add?

Sometimes I say things on autopilot and they come out wrong. A couple of weeks ago I had a client tell me his swimming shorts were wet, so when I was explaining to him how I'd like him to undress I came out with "if you could pop your shorts off that would be perfect!" and I really emphasised it too : o

I really should think before I speak, the poor lad probably thought I was going to pounce on him :Scared:

I had client who worked in forensics with the police in for a brazillian, anyway had her turn on her left side facing away from me with her right leg crosssed in front of her( so bum in my direction) i then i asked her to hold her right bum cheek so i could easily do the bits i needed to,... as she lifted her cheek i hered a muffled psssst..... (small but definately deadly)

I tried to remain professional as you do so carried on briefly glimmsing over my shoulder only to see her mortified face staring at me for a moment, she then layed back down and calmly said can you bottle that sample an i will it take back to the lab for analysis!!!!!!

weeeeeell i nearly peed myself laughing, me in tears and nose running and her with legs acimbo bottom burping the air was ripe as you can imagine, it was the funniest treatment i had ever done, we fell out of the room soaked with sweat and tears.

This is the funniest thing I've ever read, you have brightened up my Tuesday afternoon

Just found this thread again. I dont feel so daft now. Always doing something silly or daft.

At college the other week i was quietly applying direct high frequency to my clients back when another girl moved around in the cubicle next to mine kicking my equipment trolley, i was in such a zone it made me jump and i screamed like i was being murdered. The whole salon came running to see what had happened. Felt like a girly idiot.

One of my colleagues had a bad day doing a non-surgical facelift i could see her getting flustered as the cotton buds kept falling out of her wands (as we call them) and down her clients cleavage, when she bent down to get more she headbutted her warm water bowl n soaked her head. I was creasing and helpless while she tried to act normal with water running down her face. Her client was oblivious thankfully.

When i was new to hairdressing we had a really stern client (was a bit scared of her) in for foils, when the climazone was over her head i walked passed n smiled to her kicked the foot of the climazone and fell onto the salon floor, when it came to blowdrying after her rinse i was so nervous and mortified i clunked her head with the hair dryer several times. I bet she couldnt wait to see the back of me!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

In the salon I trained in we had a little room in the middle of the salon where we kept spare chairs etc, I was coming out and tripped on a chair leg and landed straight on my face in front of everyone in the salon!

Another one was when I was queuing up outside Abercrombie and Fitch in London, I was staring at the gorgeous topless men, I went towards them to enter the shop and landed straight on my face again! In front of a Que of people! One of the men came to help me up though so wasn't too bad lol x

I accidentally said to a client once "would you like a blow job today!" 😮 haha luckily the salon was busy and loud so I don't think she heard lol x

In the salon I trained in we had a little room in the middle of the salon where we kept spare chairs etc, I was coming out and tripped on a chair leg and landed straight on my face in front of everyone in the salon!

Another one was when I was queuing up outside Abercrombie and Fitch in London, I was staring at the gorgeous topless men, I went towards them to enter the shop and landed straight on my face again! In front of a Que of people! One of the men came to help me up though so wasn't too bad lol x

I accidentally said to a client once "would you like a blow job today!" 😮 haha luckily the salon was busy and loud so I don't think she heard lol x

... she heard. :p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Some of my older clients fall asleep and start snoring whilst I'm doing their Shellac!!
It doesn't bother me though they seem a little embarrassed when thy realise they have been snoring!!!

I posted a similar thread up a few days ago and someone pointed me in this direction, so here's mine...

I was doing a pedicure once and was concentrating so hard, I dribbled on her toes :o thank god she was reading a magazine and didn't see haha!

Another time, I was waxing some eyebrows and over the weekend my boss had bought new trolleys for the rooms, not telling us she'd done away with the extension lead for the wax pots (they used to be able to move all the way around the room), so pulled the trolley up to the head of the bed, and where it was plugged in the wall, the wax pot flew off the trolley all over the floor and the client's brand new Longchamp bag! It took us days to clear up that wax as it was x2 pots that had just been decanted into it!!!

We needed a new poster put up in the front window and I really didn't fancy it, so I asked one of the other therapists to do it and she pulled over a wheely manicure chair, stood on it and went splat on her bum as we had wooden flooring!

I was massaging a bald man once, standing at the head of the couch massaging his back, didn't realise my metal fob watch kept on resting on his head every time I bent over to get to the lower part of his back!

First chest wax on a male, I was so nervous but the therapist MADE me do it, I kept saying to him "this always reminds me of the 40 year old virgin" and I was cracking up so much every time he screamed in pain (he was quite fit/macho) and he was like "have you ever done this before", I was like errr yeah loads haha. I done a terrible job too :cry:

I'm sure I'll think of more :o

Omg I've had a really bad few weeks and have hardly smiled let alone laughed and now my sides hurt mascara down my face thanks so so much peeps you have really cheered me up xx ;)

My daughter was doing a pedi on a new client who had lost her toenail on her big toe skiing.
They were chatting about holidays and my daughter asked the client where she had been in Devon. There was no answer so my daughter looked up to see that the client had passed out. She calmly said 'Hey are you ok' at which point the client came too and threw up everywhere. She had to go home in my salon dressing gown which she has returned but she has never been back for a treatment!
The client said it happens all the time as she really hates her missing toe nail!

Vic x

I fell off my chair in two, yes TWO facial exams! Second time was after the massage,I went to sit back down and the fricking chair shot out behind me and not only did I end up on my a*se but I took the entire trolley with me. The client nearly sh*t herself in fright!

I had a trumper during a Brazilian wax a month or so ago. She was flat on her back with her legs closed and straight down as I was picking at an ingrown hair on the front of her bikini area and we were laughing about something and suddenly a fairly loud trumpet erupted. Unfortunately it came up the front. Aaakkkwwwaaarrrdddd....😗😳

I should have known better,but having run out of pedi soak I quickly squirted a blob of anti bac soap into my brand new foot spa.I left my regular client with a mag and a cup of tea to soak for a bit just while I hung up a bit of washing.When I went back in she was fighting back foam which was now upto her lap and all around the chair.It looked like a foam party :).

My daughter was doing a pedi on a new client who had lost her toenail on her big toe skiing.
They were chatting about holidays and my daughter asked the client where she had been in Devon. There was no answer so my daughter looked up to see that the client had passed out. She calmly said 'Hey are you ok' at which point the client came too and threw up everywhere. She had to go home in my salon dressing gown which she has returned but she has never been back for a treatment!
The client said it happens all the time as she really hates her missing toe nail!

Vic x

Oh my gosh, what???!!

Latest posts

Back