when a client asks how long their nail art should last

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nutty tart

Reaction score
How long should nail art last on a natural nail. What would i say to a client when they ask? i would tell them to put a top coat on every other day and wear gloves when cleaning etc. I have not done my freehand nail art on a paying client before. i would be scared they come back and say its all chipped off.

How long's a piece of string? lol

IF they look after them and apply top coat every couple of days it could last 2 weeks or more, if not then it could last a couple of days.... it depends on quite a lot of things really, dont be disheartened if it chips off in a few days, how do you know they havent been scrubbing their pots and pans with a brillo pad or something? lol x

Sorry I`ve only ever done nail art on overlays - but if a client asked me this I would have to say something along the lines of

"not as long as it would on overlays (explaining about the natural nail being more flexible ect) and that it really all depends on how well you look after them, how long the nail is ect.."

but I don`t think it would be advisable to actually give a specific time frame (in case they hold you to it!!)

HTH

When asked this question I will tell my clients that it should last about the same amount of time their varnish would.

It does depend, as Sherrie said, on various things - including the health of their nails - if they have very healthy nails then it will last longer than on someone who has poorly nails.

top coat is a great idea, but i try and seel them a UV tocoat that won't yellow , otherwise the colouchange can also annoy them

I ahve had cherrys painted on my nails for the past week they are still looking good. Just from applying a top coat to them..
I work part time in a pub which means that i tend to knock my nails etc so i guess it depends on a persons situation also

Latest posts

Back