When clients call products/treatments a wrong name does it annoy you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weeeell, if your mum knows French, that would actually make sense...if it was a French brand, which it isn't ;-)

She also once said Knorr was pronounced 'kernorr' without a silent K. I laughed at her and she said 'well they did when I was young!'

No they didn't mum....

Come on geeky peeps, lighten up!! It's not about making out or thinking clients are stupid! This thread is how clients might mispronounce treatments in a funny way, not in a derogatory one! So back to it!!...... I had a client who always called liquid & powder "porcelain nails!" Where do they get it!? It makes me chuckle!!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Porcelain Nails is a really old term for what we now call L&p, I remember the term being used in the 70's when I was a kid :o

Really??? Oh my god. I'd never have thought that!

Yes it's true. . And always ends with a laugh for some reason. ..

'is it cackey. ..hehehe'

It is hard to raise a smile these days.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes it's true. . And always ends with a laugh for some reason. ..

'is it cackey. ..hehehe'

It is hard to raise a smile these days.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'll be honest and thought it was 'catchy'
Like you'd say it in Italian or something.

I thought it was cacky too !

My Mil would say what's gel nails ? Are they jelly ? Another reason to dislike her !

I hate people who say Opey instead of Opi too !

This reminds me I used to think Khaki was pronounced Cacky. Wasn't until my boss took me to one side to say there had been a complaint about me calling someone's hair colour "a little bit Cacky" that I realised

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Khaki hair ? You mean green ?

Ahem, I had a client a couple of years ago ask me for "a bottle of that semen"!:eek: She meant serum! I had to turn away very quickly!:D

Khaki hair ? You mean green ?

Sort of.. a flat, sludgy "bronde"- usually caused by using mid ash blonde home colour

Cacky means sh1t where im from.

" I'm having cacky bobby"

Sent from my SM-T310 using SalonGeek mobile app

Cacky means sh1t where im from.

" I'm having cacky bobby"

Sent from my SM-T310 using SalonGeek mobile app

Exactly- I was telling people that had poo coloured hair

Ahem, I had a client a couple of years ago ask me for "a bottle of that semen"!:eek: She meant serum! I had to turn away very quickly!:D

I would call it semen too :o

Sort of.. a flat, sludgy "bronde"- usually caused by using mid ash blonde home colour

L'Oréal are now saying "bronde" is one of the main looks this summer. Sludge is in! XD

My husband tells people that I put hot rocks on clients (hot stone massage).

People must think I'm some sort of dominatrix ;)

LOL!!!!!!!

She also once said Knorr was pronounced 'kernorr' without a silent K. I laughed at her and she said 'well they did when I was young!'

No they didn't mum....

Actually your mum's a wee bit right. When I was young the advert they made for knorr had a french voice over which said "k norr, we have the k no - how. .maybe she heard that when she was little and thought that was the way to say it :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm glad some clients get it wrong, it gives me the chance to enlighten them, they go away happy knowing that not only have they got the new cut, style, they came in for but they now know what it's called and look chuffed with themselves when they ask for it again.

It's all part of what we do.
Never make the client feel silly or thick, they won't come back.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lol! So funny....

I had a client in yesterday who was having her Shrinking violet wrap done and she told me she refers it to the 'boil in the bag' treatment when she tells her friends about it 😬😬😬
Where do they get it from lol!!

Latest posts

Back