Which iPhone apps do you use for your business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks ljw88 ive just bought moneysmart it was only 69p! just waiting for it to download so I haven't tried it yet, but ive been after something like this for weeks..I hope it works out well for me too.
Just thought I'd update everyone on my experience of mychair..they fixed the glitch of a few of my appointments showing up in the wrong places on month view...and I've had no other problems at all...in my opinion it is a fantastic app, I use every aspect of it and only wish it was expanded a little to incorporate my expenses etc...then it would be perfect!

The app for card payments being mentioned might be Square - which is pretty cool, but unfortunately hasn't been released for the UK yet.

My phone is fairly loaded up on apps, but I mainly use twitter, facebook and instagram (photo manipulation, like twitter for pics). Skype can be useful as well, sometimes can get you cheaper calls using your Wifi connection.

I asked a few people around the office about this as well a while back, so if you're interested there's a longer list here.

There's also a proper Premier Software app as well, so if you're using our software you can link your iPad / iPhone up to your salon system and and work from pretty much anyway. We've got a lot of positive feedback from people on that, which is brilliant!

Sorry just markin this page so i can find it later.. Very helpful.. Thankyu :):)

Hi, it may have been my comment the other day that you remember about the iPhone app that allows you to collect card payments. Unfortunately there is nothing like this in the UK yet, everything is American except one that is being trialled in Sweden and will soon be in the UK. If you visit izettle.com you can submit your email address and they will email you when it's here! X

May not be quite the reply you were after but I find my natwest app priceless! Both my business and current accounts, including tax saver are so easily displayed - I can see what has gone out and in. Transfer between accounts and don't have to wait til the banks open on Monday if it's a weekend :)

I've just found a great app called MyBusiness! It does just about everything. I've got it on my iPad and iPhone the only thing is I cant seem to get it to sync together so at the moment all my info is on my iPad and is not matching my iPhone. I'm trying to figure this out. It was only $31 AUD. The same company does PSA (Personal Salon Assistant) but PSA is $103 AUD! MyBusiness does exactly the same, has the same features as PSA etc the only major difference is that PSA comes with hair treatment formulations from most big branded companies so I think that's why it costs so much more? I don't do hair so it suits me not to have that feature.

You all missed out THE most important app!!!! Salon Geek :D

OBVIOUSLY!!!!! Silly geeks. hehehe :)

I've raved about this before but Camscanner+ is amazing for scanning receipts and important documents... It captures the image and resizes it square on the phone then you can save it or email it or upload str8 to Dropbox etc... It's a godsend... I scan in, send to my accountant then I can get rid of all the paper!!!

I should also add that we have something in the pipeline.. can't divulge too much just yet, but.. well, if you have an iPhone or an iPad (well, any decent smartphone really), you might want to check out the attached screenshots :)

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
I should also add that we have something in the pipeline.. can't divulge too much just yet, but.. well, if you have an iPhone or an iPad (well, any decent smartphone really), you might want to check out the attached screenshots :)

Looks intreguing Ian! :) Is this going to be an extension of the desktop software or can it be a standalone thing we can get on our smart phones? e.g. I am self employed mobile, don't have Premier Spa - but would this be possible on the smart phones?

I've raved about this before but Camscanner+ is amazing for scanning receipts and important documents... It captures the image and resizes it square on the phone then you can save it or email it or upload str8 to Dropbox etc... It's a godsend... I scan in, send to my accountant then I can get rid of all the paper!!!

Thanks for this, I've just downloaded the app and it's looking good so far. :D

Looks intreguing Ian! :) Is this going to be an extension of the desktop software or can it be a standalone thing we can get on our smart phones? e.g. I am self employed mobile, don't have Premier Spa - but would this be possible on the smart phones?

Yep, essentially it's designed to be a 'light' version of our usual desktop products, so people who don't necessarily need or want the extra features of Premier Spa / Premier Style can still get some of the benefits.

It's not released yet, but I've had a sneak preview - all I can say is that it's amazing what you can do over the web these days! I'm told that the site to register interest should be ready next week, so I'll make sure to let people know on here when you can check it out.

Oh, also, current plans are to charge absolutely nothing for it... :cool:

I've been using Psa. Which I think is fab for appointments and keeping track of my cash on a day to day basis. I'm also looking forward to a uk card payment app

I've been using Psa. Which I think is fab for appointments and keeping track of my cash on a day to day basis. I'm also looking forward to a uk card payment app

It would be nice - the Square app looks like a brilliant idea, but my suspicion is that it might not make any appearance in the UK any time soon. From memory, the way that credit cards are authorised in the US is a little less rigid, and at the moment there's nothing like Chip & Pin that we've got over here.

Without going into too much geekery, it'll be interesting to see how the NFC / contactless payments catch on over here...

I use:

• 'Shopping list' to track what items are starting to run low, ready for the next order I place.
  • '08 Wizard' to call companies and suppliers who have phone numbers that start 08, but I will note that not every number comes up it is still very useful to not be charged to call them ontop of the contract min's.
  • 'PayPal' - fairly self explanitory.
  • 'NatWest' to track finances with the bank.
  • 'Facebook' to upload to the page for my business.
  • Photo app's 'PS Express' and 'Snapseed' to edit and upload work photo's taken on the go.
  • 'HA Traffic' for travelling by car to mobile appointments or similar.
  • 'Tube Deluxe' to get the underground right and updates on service when I'm working in London.

Along with loads of others for my daily life of which one of my fave's is 'Spell Check' as I'm dyslexic :D

Fab Post, Just ear marking to refer back too xx

I use

• My chair
  • say no to 0870
  • VAT calc
  • Duplicare remover
  • Iloader 2
  • Evernote
  • Contact Export

I also use the ipad aswell

Does anyone know of an App that will mark my Voicemails?

I get dozens of VM's daily and I listen to some of them quickly when I get a mo, and deal with them properly when I can. However, although the blue dot at the side vanishes to tell me I've listened to it, there's nothing to indicate when I've returned the call. So what happens is that I end up calling some people twice days later, because I lose track of who I've got back to and who I haven't.

So…….Is there an App for that? Something that would put a tick or something at the side of returned calls. Thanks. x

No, sorry I don't Kim.
Hopefully someone else might know if this is an app for that - would be good if it did.
To be honest that is one of the reasons why I prefer clients to text me, (or even email) that way we have a written record, where we can see once we have replied. Also we are so busy during the day we can't answer our phones.
Would it be worth adding something to your voicemail message like...."due to the high volume of daily messages I receive, please can you text/email your enquiry & details so I can keep a record"
Or, once you listen to the message, press number 4 on the keypad then you will get a text sent to you from the person who phoned you, then just save their number in a way you will remember ie. Joe Bloggs- lipblush enqry 12/1/12. Xx

Latest posts

Back