Which paraffin wax machine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca Rebecca

Reaction score
Hi geeks
Can anyone recommend a good paraffin wax heater? And also would you buy one off amazon/ebay that isn't a professional wax heater? Also how would I sanitise the paraffin wax brush? We were trained at college to use a brush or should I get one large enough for them to put their hand in the heater? And if so how would I sanitise the wax heater or would I not need to as the heat will kill any germs? I'm working from home and may like to take it mobile. any tips appreciated!

I wouldn't spend too much as basically it's just a heater to melt the wax, I don't use a brush such a pain to clean it....I use plastic bags & ladle the wax into the bag & get the client to immerse their hand or foot into the bag much quicker & looks more hygienic for the client rather than them thinking everyone is going into the same wax......Doug Schoon has a great article on cross contamination with paraffin wax......you will find it hard to take mobile as the wax can take 3 to 4 hours to melt so transporting it could be difficult, you can get spray paraffin wax in spray cartridges but may work out a lot more expensive.

I also decant into plastic bags then wrap in a warm towel.

Ok thanks maybe I should give that a go. Do you both get the client to put their hands/feet into the plastic bag or do you use a brush (Attitude). X

Ps thanks jersey jock :) xx

Ladle wax into bag then get client to put hand or foot into bag, the wax will start to solidify and you can manipulate it to cover using the outside of the bag, no need for brush. To remove crasp bag and pull, no mess.

I meant to say thanks attitude aswell!! X

Clients really like the brush technique if you can perfect it. I have a small silicone pastry brush and it's a doddle to dip it in warm wax and then "polish" it with some couch roll to remove every scrap of fresh and hardened wax. I use a porcelain ladle with an arched handle so it can rest horizontally on a surface. (It cleans up beautifully with the dip and polish method) The China holds the temperature really well and clients love you dipping in and out of the ladie with the brush.

I dip small, separated sheets of couch roll or man sized tissues into the wax in the heater and wrap around the foot, then I paint over the top of the foot with the brush, then I ladle a little wax into a bag and slide the foot in to cover the sole. You end up with a wax boot which impresses the client no end.

Wow that sounds fab. How do u keep the silicone brush hygienically clean to avoid cross contamination? Also is it quite a small wax heater or abit bigger? Could you do all of that with a small one? X

I have a big bath. It might be tricky to use a small heater but there's no reason why you couldn't ladle wax into another container to make dipping tissues easier. I often ladle wax into a bowl lined with a plastic bag. It makes it easier to take to the client.

You can reuse any leftover wax in the bowl - just remove it before it gets completely cold and stick it back in your heater.

You can sanitise silicone just like any other salon tool.

Alessandro International do the most amazing paraffin was system, the socks and gloves come pre filled with the wax and other ingredients, you pop them into the parafin device (looks like a very sleek toaster!) add the heating pocket (doesn't even need electricity) and in 5 mins the wax melts spreading a lovely lavender smell and they are ready to use.
I have one in the salon and clients love it.
It would be perfect for mobile as no mess,no fuss!

Aaaah that sounds fab! Thanku I will have a look. Do u mind me asking what you charge? Do you use them for other products you use? Sorry to b nosy, but I'm just starting out and haven't a clue what brand to go with! X

Aaaah that sounds fab! Thanku I will have a look. Do u mind me asking what you charge? Do you use them for other products you use? Sorry to b nosy, but I'm just starting out and haven't a clue what brand to go with! X
Hi
Yes I use alessandro products for mani/pedi and enhancements. I charge £35 for mani £45 for pedi.x

I am thinking of use alessandro for manicures/pedicures - how do you find their products?

Latest posts

Back