Which type of Gel for DIY??!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you considered calling your local college to get your nails done? Most colleges run salons where you can get treatments done at a fraction of the price, the students are still practising but with professional knowledge and under close supervision of their tutors. When I started doing nails I advertised 'models required, full set £15' as my time was still too long to be charging full rates. Maybe even post again on here offering your nails to a newly trained tech if you are willing, I'm sure there will be someone in your area willing to take you up on it xx

Great bit of advice!

Have you considered calling your local college to get your nails done? Most colleges run salons where you can get treatments done at a fraction of the price, the students are still practising but with professional knowledge and under close supervision of their tutors. When I started doing nails I advertised 'models required, full set £15' as my time was still too long to be charging full rates. Maybe even post again on here offering your nails to a newly trained tech if you are willing, I'm sure there will be someone in your area willing to take you up on it xx

Great bit of advice!

Welcome to the site Pinkhill, its really really lovely to have some one come along who takes the advice to train and leave their own nails well alone with out it so brilliantly. You'd be amazed how upset some people have been when they heard that.

The advice to try college students is great, I trained in Norway with EzFlow and my school had paying clients most days for our practical training. We were extremely closely supervised and given constant help if needed. No client left before the various teachers wandering around the class had 'passed' the nails as good to go. I thought the clients were marvelous and although many had to sit for a bit longer than the average salon appointment time they all left happy with their nails.

If you do go ahead and train it would be lovely to keep up with you as you go along. You'll find plenty of great advice along the way in here :hug:

Wow, I didn't realise my questions would spark so many reactions telling me to train!! Apologies for being so naive ladies!! :lol:

I guess I thought that doing my own french manicure for the last 15 years gave me enough expereince to take it a step further and try Gel! But please be assured I consider myself told now and I will absolutely train before I take it any further than a bottle of varnish.

Thanks to those of you who took the time to write and tell me off!! LOL!

xxxxxxxxx

This has made my day :green:

How fantastic that the advice given has been taken on board and a potential nail disaster has been avoided, all thanks to the fab geeks on this site. Ooh, I feel all warm and fuzzy!:hug:

Latest posts

Back