Working from living room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne3

Reaction score
Hello geeks I am looking for any advice regarding working from home off any of you lovely lot that do so.
I will be offering massage, aromatherapy, reflexology and beauty treatments.
I plan on working from the living room with the sofa and tv permanently in there we do have a large kitchen dinner with seating and a tv so the family can sit in there if needed.
I'm starting from scratch and prepared to work hard but will people mind being in a living room for treatments?
I hope to eventually get a cabin in the garden but to start with I need to work in the house to build clients and see how justified it is to invest such a large amount into a cabin.

Any response would be great thanks Jo x

I hate to say it wouldn't be my choice to be treated in a living room.

Even nails in a living room is questionable, but anything that involves taking clothes off is a no-no for me. Mobile might be a better choice. For massage and aromatherapy it's all part of the ambiance as much as the treatment and it would be hard to get the right atmosphere.

There are exceptions, if you have a little snug livingroom with no direct doors onto busy hallway, well away from the rest of the house and you can set it up to look more like a treatment room ..it might work.

If you front door opens directly on the the living room nooooooooooo!

I agree with the previous poster, sorry.
Anything intimate like a massage has to be done in a little sanctuary type room, like a bedroom perhaps? Mind you, there's no way I'd be undressing if there are other people in the house at the same time.

Having said that, I went to a lady's house for reflexology sessions as she had completed her training and just needed some extra cases for practice. This was as a favour to another friend (they were doing treatment swaps) and the living room was very nicely set up as a therapy room. It was in a maisonettes type flat so the living room was upstairs and had a nice view onto a small park. The therapist was a single mum and her daughter was at school during the day, so no-one else was around.
It really didn't look like a living room at all and had a lovely ambience.

I would feel quite uncomfortable having a treatment in the living room while your family are there in the kitchen. Sorry.

Perhaps you could go mobile, rent a room or find a different area of the house? X

Thanks for your honesty I'm having the same thoughts too and I just wanted confirmation of my own feelings. The living room doesn't have the front door in it and I was thinking of being at home during the day and mobile in the evening, However I think it's best to offer solely mobile and build up that way.

Again thank you for your responses Jo x

Latest posts

Back