Xen-tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathill

Reaction score
Anyone used xen tan? Im quite pleased with it but i am worried as it only comes in the one shade which i adore but im thinkinking i need to offer different strenghts do you think i should use this and the solution im currently using ooooooooooo i dont know what to do!!!!

hi,try and pm sarahmarie, she knows alot about xen tan. think she was a trainer or distributer.

i think by having a system in place with only one colour available is putting you out of the market
what about the very fair skinned ?
what about the olive skinned?
would you spray everyone with the same colour if they all have different skin types?

dont you have the problem of too much colour ie dha on a skin type that cant take it , so resulting in the dreaded oompa lumpa??
i would prefer to use a system that has a varying aamount of different % of liquids tbh

oh yeah i already do!!
its cos im worth it!! lol

St Tropez cream only has one shade, I used to use that and all my clients were very happy. I think it is important for the colour to be good on all skin shades in this case and you know your clients best, if thy are happy with the depth of colour then why not.

I use Vani-t and although they have a number of strengths I only use two shades as my clients are mainly very pale skinned (which is why they want the tan in the first place). I can see the benefits of having different strengths in some cases but it depends on your client base. There is no point in having a wide range when it will go to waste as all your clients wanting a tan are pale and interesting. :hug:

Don't panic you can change your mind and add another shade from another range if and when it is needed! You can offer different skin care ranges for different clients needs so why not tanning solutions? I know a number of salons that offer a choice. You are the professional so you can make the decision on what is best for your client. Don't worry about what everyone else thinks or does, if you are worried about not being able to service your clients properly with this one shade get another but as they say "if it's not broken don't fix it"x

Last edited:
Yeah i was thinking id stick with my urban tan for the fairer skin types then use the xen tan for darker shade its apparently got olive undertones not orange so it says you will never go orange i didnt quite get it but i tried it and i must say i loved loved loved the colour it was perfect and it wore really well i will defo offer the 2 i think even though ive always been against doing that!:irked:

I now use Xen Tan and clients love it. Im far busier now with my tanning than I used to be. I ran it alongside my other spray tan brand for a while to let clients get a feel for it. No one has asked to go back to the previous one. So I chose Xen Tan. No complains from me :)

Latest posts

Back