Your monthly website visits per month?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMMA AT ELITE

Reaction score

Just out of interest I wondered how many "visits" (not hits), you all get each month on your website, I have had mine since the end of February, & wondered whats an average amount.
So far mine are;
February - 279
March - 807
April - 614

Love Emma x

Just to clarify, that's "visits" as recorded by Webalizer web statistics, and defined as follows: Webalizer Quick Help

Ruth, am I right in thinking that a "visit" is counted each time a person visits your site? x

Ruth, am I right in thinking that a "visit" is counted each time a person visits your site? x

Yep - so a person might visit your site and view loads of different pages on your site, but even so, that counts as a single "visit". So it's a good guide as to the number of different people visiting your site each month...

Great, thanks for confirming that :) x

How do you find statistics out like that? Do you get a sumary at the end of the month. Or can you check when ever you want?
I have just had mine done and finished.

Thanks

I am not sure how other people view theirs, but Ruth Mills designed my website & I can check my statistics through a site called webalizer that Ruth has used. x

These are near enough the same as mine-based on Feb to April mine are 551, 736 and 617
x

I got the webalizer thingy too. Mine are; February 836, March 875 and April 822.

Can I ask how many of them become customers? xx
Posted via Mobile Device

I want a webilizer account:D but i'm not clever enough to work ot how to set it up... RUTH???.................... XXX

Ahhhhh Ruth has shown me as she has jus completed my website for me which i am very very pleased with :D Thanks Ruth your a star!!! xxxx

Thats pretty good. How do you get that many hits?

We get about 140/month and we've being going since last August!

I've been up and running since Feb and so far my visits are:

FEB: 167
MAR: 510
APR: 550

I'm quite pleased with this as it seems to be increasing in line with the amount of advertising that I'm doing. On the other-hand, I'm wondering why not all these people are making appointments!!!! I can seem myself becoming obsessed with analysing the stats and checking them constantly throughout the day to see if they've changed:D Does make you wonder what people look for when they visit a site though. I think my prices are reasonable and the site is easy to read and navigate, so now I just need to work out why I'm not getting those 500 clients a month!!!!

Kim xx

I've been up and running since Feb and so far my visits are:

FEB: 167
MAR: 510
APR: 550

I'm quite pleased with this as it seems to be increasing in line with the amount of advertising that I'm doing. On the other-hand, I'm wondering why not all these people are making appointments!!!! I can seem myself becoming obsessed with analysing the stats and checking them constantly throughout the day to see if they've changed:D Does make you wonder what people look for when they visit a site though. I think my prices are reasonable and the site is easy to read and navigate, so now I just need to work out why I'm not getting those 500 clients a month!!!!

Kim xx

There's no point in analysing the stats more than once a day, as they get updated every morning at 4 am... there won't be any change to what is displayed until after 4 am the next day!

Also, do please bear in mind that some of these visits may be from "bots", e.g. the Googlebot that Google uses to spider the web looking for web pages, as well as from real people using web browsers. The "User Agents" (close to the bottom of the web statistics for a given month, just above the pie chart of countries) will give you an indication of this, e.g. they'll say things like MSIE (Internet Explorer), Firefox, Googlebot, etc... if it's MSIE or Firefox, then the chances are it's a real person (unless it's a "bad bot" pretending to be a real person browsing the web but in actuality has more sinister motives, e.g. PicScout), but if it's Googlebot or Yahoo Slurp, then it will be an automated request from the search engines...

Thats pretty good. How do you get that many hits?

We get about 140/month and we've being going since last August!

I advertise on free listing sites, have my website address on everything, business cards, free gifts (keyrings, fridge magnets, etc) pricelists, a-board, facebook group,

I think to incourage more potential clients to look at your website you need to advertise it everyway you can.

Ok sorry for being an eejit
whats the difference between a visit and a hit?

Last time I looked at my site it from 850 a day to 1500 a day - yes i said A DAY - so about 30,000 a MONTH.

I was intrigued enough to ring my hosting company and ask if they had some sort of problem as I said I was only a single nail tech & not Tesco! They went off to check & rang me back to say they were genuine numbers as my site has been live for 6 years.

Last year alone I had 258,000 hits/visits. (that's a guess at the actual, as I can't look at it atm but I know it was 1/4 million+)

I feel I should sell advertising on it!

Needless to say, if I got a phone call from even 1% of the people visiting I'd be a muli millionaire - I'm guessing a lot of these so called 'hits/visits' are the SE Spyders, as well as genuine real people.

Ok sorry for being an eejit
whats the difference between a visit and a hit?

A "visit" is where a person visits your website and may visit several pages on your website in one go.

A "hit" is where a person's web browser software (or a search engine's spider) requests a single file from your website - which might be a web page, an image, a CSS file, a Javascript file, a PDF or Word document, a music file, a video, a Flash file, etc...

I just look at the visits figure and not the hits. There is a lot of difference between the two. My visits for the month of February 836. If i look at the hits for that month it's 22766 which is over 800 a day.

Latest posts

Back