Your monthly website visits per month?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can i find out the amount of visits on my website?

Last time I looked at my site it from 850 a day to 1500 a day - yes i said A DAY - so about 30,000 a MONTH.

I was intrigued enough to ring my hosting company and ask if they had some sort of problem as I said I was only a single nail tech & not Tesco! They went off to check & rang me back to say they were genuine numbers as my site has been live for 6 years.

Last year alone I had 258,000 hits/visits. (that's a guess at the actual, as I can't look at it atm but I know it was 1/4 million+)

I feel I should sell advertising on it!

Needless to say, if I got a phone call from even 1% of the people visiting I'd be a muli millionaire - I'm guessing a lot of these so called 'hits/visits' are the SE Spyders, as well as genuine real people.

Whoa. Thats a lot !!!!!!!

I just look at the visits figure and not the hits. There is a lot of difference between the two. My visits for the month of February 836. If i look at the hits for that month it's 22766 which is over 800 a day.
This is what I do too, bascially the visits show how many people look at your website, I think people are getting the two mixed up, as it is all so confusing.

Last time I looked at my site it from 850 a day to 1500 a day - yes i said A DAY - so about 30,000 a MONTH.

I was intrigued enough to ring my hosting company and ask if they had some sort of problem as I said I was only a single nail tech & not Tesco! They went off to check & rang me back to say they were genuine numbers as my site has been live for 6 years.

Last year alone I had 258,000 hits/visits. (that's a guess at the actual, as I can't look at it atm but I know it was 1/4 million+)

I feel I should sell advertising on it!

Needless to say, if I got a phone call from even 1% of the people visiting I'd be a muli millionaire - I'm guessing a lot of these so called 'hits/visits' are the SE Spyders, as well as genuine real people.

Hi Bev, yes this is a lot, you said you had 258,00 hits/visits last year alone, but hits and visits are not the same thing, How many visits alone did you get? As I may be wrong but the 258,00 might be the "hits" you had last year. If not and you did get all those visits, well done that is amazing!!! x

Just checked mine as I have a statistics thing with my web provider, but it only gives me daily visits and daily unique visits. I average about 750 unique visits a month and have done most of this year as I check it fairly regularly. But have to say I get no where near as many clients as that lol :) xxx

Copied and pasted from our logs

Month Sites KBytes Visits Pages Files Hits
Apr 2010 20408 13309723 39795 183415 719137 821776
Mar 2010 24879 15392432 41392 223619 849582 962091
Feb 2010 21750 18109135 44676 237936 892795 1025692

And this is copied and pasted from Google Analytics for our Tumblr blog for APRIL 9TH - MAY 9TH

Site Usage

Visits

Pageviews

Pages/Visit

* 51.88%
Bounce Rate

* 00:03:59
Avg. Time on Site

* 40.19%
% New Visits

I am a really internet geek and I push the e-marketing side of the business a lot. I studied BA Fashion Communication and am a child of a digital age so it comes naturally to me.

I was thinking about doing a seminar on it.....

Use Google Analytics | Official Website instead of webalizer. Webalizers numbers are hyperinflated and provide much less usable data.

Good point Sam. My understanding here is that because Google Analytics uses Javascript to call a URL on Google's server when a human viewing the site with a web browser visits the site (as opposed to a bot), Google Analytics will only record pages actually viewed by people visiting your site, as opposed to random bot traffic - hence giving more meaningful results. Plus, it will only record data for actual *pages* visited, as opposed to "hits" for other supplementary files, such as images, CSS, etc...

Our visits are as follows (thanks to Ruth!):

Feb 1111
Mar 1132
Apr 1109

I was chuffed when we had 20, lol!

Take care, MrsMac

Feb 1058
March 1479
April 1844

Wow MrsMacTheKnife & Lynne those are very impressive numbers! Well done :D

Wow MrsMacTheKnife & Lynne those are very impressive numbers! Well done :D

Hey Emma,

Just out of interest...are our numbers not that impressive? We're just a tiny salon in Hackney and we only opened in Topshop in the last two months...I work hard on the marketing and PR side of the salon. Not to be rude but I find it odd that you congratulate only those salons and not ours despite asking for Web stats. I used both our hostings weblogs which are marginally inflated AND Google Analytics to compare.

Additionally to this - we have 1690 subscribers to our blog, 1114 followers on our twitter account and 1209 members of our Facebook group. I worked hard over the last 8 months to get those numbers and they all check the sites daily.

We turn those into customers by having facebook only specials, constantly posting nail pictures on our blog (pretty much every customer comes in with a picture on their phone of what they want) and we have a mailing list that we send promotions and offers to.

We are in a digital age and any salon not connecting with social media is holding themselves back massively.

It's worth bearing in mind that the numbers themselves are rather irrelevant. Whilst its a good indication that marketing is working well, the most important factor is converting people into paying customers.

If a site gets 1,000 visits and only gets 100 paying clients against a site that gets 500 visits and gets 101 paying clients- then obviously the second one is more succesfull despite the fact that less people are seeing it!

I know that sounds rather obvious- but I know businesses who are more bothered about marketing people to get into the site...and then not giving a monkeys what happens when they get there!!!

*Give them a "call to action" give them a reason to call you. Create offers and promote them heavily on your site.

*Dont make the site passive...just a flat boring list of your prices. Offer hints and tips and content that might want to make them come back!

*Make it easy for them to find you- ask them to bookmark the page.

*Make it easy for you to contact them- Ask them to sign up for a newsletter (getting permission is the key here- you can't send willy-nilly) even if you're not ready to send anything yet- building a database of partially converted people can be really useful.

Anyway....I could go on.....perhaps we need a new thread on how to convert people once they get to the site.....

p.s. Also, dont forget to ask people where they found you! If you can't measure where people have come from- then you'd have no idea of the conversion rate from a website anyway! :)

Last edited:
It's worth bearing in mind that the numbers themselves are rather irrelevant. Whilst its a good indication that marketing is working well, the most important factor is converting people into paying customers.

If a site gets 1,000 visits and only gets 100 paying clients against a site that gets 500 visits and gets 101 paying clients- then obviously the second one is more succesfull despite the fact that less people are seeing it!

I know that sounds rather obvious- but I know businesses who are more bothered about marketing people to get into the site...and then not giving a monkeys what happens when they get there!!!

*Give them a "call to action" give them a reason to call you. Create offers and promote them heavily on your site.

*Dont make the site passive...just a flat boring list of your prices. Offer hints and tips and content that might want to make them come back!

*Make it easy for them to find you- ask them to bookmark the page.

*Make it easy for you to contact them- Ask them to sign up for a newsletter (getting permission is the key here- you can't send willy-nilly) even if you're not ready to send anything yet- building a database of partially converted people can be really useful.

Anyway....I could go on.....perhaps we need a new thread on how to convert people once they get to the site.....

p.s. Also, dont forget to ask people where they found you! If you can't measure where people have come from- then you'd have no idea of the conversion rate from a website anyway! :)

Well said Carl, although I am guilty of not doing probably enough on my actual website. I think I'm too busy working facebook!!

Hey Emma,

Just out of interest...are our numbers not that impressive? We're just a tiny salon in Hackney and we only opened in Topshop in the last two months...I work hard on the marketing and PR side of the salon. Not to be rude but I find it odd that you congratulate only those salons and not ours despite asking for Web stats. I used both our hostings weblogs which are marginally inflated AND Google Analytics to compare.

Additionally to this - we have 1690 subscribers to our blog, 1114 followers on our twitter account and 1209 members of our Facebook group. I worked hard over the last 8 months to get those numbers and they all check the sites daily.

We turn those into customers by having facebook only specials, constantly posting nail pictures on our blog (pretty much every customer comes in with a picture on their phone of what they want) and we have a mailing list that we send promotions and offers to.

We are in a digital age and any salon not connecting with social media is holding themselves back massively.
I was impressed (but not with the photography
icon_lol.gif
).

I was impressed (but not with the photography
icon_lol.gif
).

Yep, we previously used hi res cameras to take pictures but it became time consuming to upload them every day. We have a blackberry in the Dalston salon which takes brilliant pictures and an iphone in Topshop which takes awful pictures and we're looking to swap it....

ALSO - our client doesnt find 80s pictures of people holding a bunch of roses on a nail poster cool...

we shoot professional pictures twice a year that we send out to press and the blog is for daily tidbits! People get the general gist and lots of clients send us their own photos.

And we are DEFINITELY turning those viewers into customers...

Hi Wah-nails,
To be 100% honest I didnt really understand your first thread I just wondered what other geeks number of visits were, I just saw loads of numbers and got too confused (unlike yourself I am not that good with computer stuff, still learning).
No offense, meant by not commenting on your numbers.
I have re-read & re-read your first reply just looking at the visits and yes they seem very high so well done you! x

Oh Emma, you didn't say well done to me either!:lick::D:D

Oh Emma, you didn't say well done to me either!:lick::D:D

Ha ha, dont you start as well!:rolleyes::biggrin:
Well done Angelina!
Oh what the heck, I dont want to offend anyone..........
Well done Misspink23, Botox Wales, FoxyKim, Bev Rose, Jenx, Well done everyone! :D xx

Latest posts

Back