Gelish - layering

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jogreen

Reaction score
Hi People

I am new to this site so hello to you all.I have been using Gelish for around 6 months now and love it.

I wondered if any of you could advise what colours layer well together. i have listed the colours i have so if any of you know if any of them will go well together would you please advise, if you dont think they would go well together is there any i could buy?

The colours I have are
Arctic White
Showstopping
Bella's Vampire
Sugar Daddy
High Voltage
Your so sweet your giving me toothache
sugar & spice and everything nice
Carnival Hangover
Orange Cream Dream

any advice would be great, thanks

Layering is all about playing and seeing what works and what you like, however you will need some colours that are more translucent to get a good layering look as most of your colours are opaque so you wouldnt get the effect as much,

you could try high voltage over your pinks and maybe over bellas too.

i like june bride over midnight caller, starburst over ocean wave and izzy wizzy is a great layering option over most colours.

hope this helps a little

Have a look at the thread 'What Gelish Colours' there are loads of layering options on there. The best thing to do though, is as said above, buy some nail wheels from ebay and put a layer of each of your colours on and then layer each one with a different colour, you can tell straight away if it is going to work, so you don't have to cure, if the colour doesn't look right, just wipe it off and try another one, when you find one you like, cure and write it down.

You could try sugar & spice with your so sweet layered on top, Bellas with sugar and spice over, Bellas with Carnival hangover over the top, If i were you i would invest in some glitters i.e vegas nights which is great over anything, Good Gossip is also great over most dark colours, hth :) xx

Izzy whizzy is one of the best I have bought. It changes most colours so gives you more selection. Definately worth buying x

thanks guys, will give all of these options a go and it looks like i'm going Gelish shopping yey!

Your Arctic White under any colour will take the colour down a few shades. Iv done Bellas over the top of white & it made a lovely Cadburys purple! Same for the pinks too xx

thats a great idea, i think i will try that tonight, thanks for all of your advice, its much appreciated

how many coats of the white would i need? before adding the bellas or one of the pinks?

how many coats of the white would i need? before adding the bellas or one of the pinks?

I would just do one of arctic freeze as the consistency is thicker, if I were using sheek white I'd maybe be tempted to do 2 coats for better coverage xx

One of my favourite colours for laying is June bride (I think it's Vegas nights that is the clear with the same glitter in) it goes well over most colours and clients love it. Have you got yourself some nail pops and experimented with them? That's how I tried out my colour combos. Just make sure you know what you've put on them and how many layers so if people request you know exactly what you're doing.

I saw someone had put caution with good gossip over it, does anyone have a picture? I'm intrigued to see it x

Latest posts

Back