Base colour change with balayage highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmylou411

Reaction score
I have a client that is a faded chestnut brown who wants to be her natural colour which I’m going to use a 7.1 however she would like some balayage pieces through the mid lengths. I can’t decide how to do this whether to tint allover first and then wash dry and do the balayage after or do it all together at the same time but I’m worried about not blending well and leaving lines or warm bands because of the tint blended into the blonde. I’m tempted to try the braided balayage but it scares me as I’ve not done it before. Any ideas? Thank you

I have a client that is a faded chestnut brown who wants to be her natural colour which I’m going to use a 7.1 however she would like some balayage pieces through the mid lengths. I can’t decide how to do this whether to tint allover first and then wash dry and do the balayage after or do it all together at the same time but I’m worried about not blending well and leaving lines or warm bands because of the tint blended into the blonde. I’m tempted to try the braided balayage but it scares me as I’ve not done it before. Any ideas? Thank you
I usually tease the sections I'm going to lighten and then flood the rest with the base colour.... the area you've teased just needs a lot of colour to saturate it. Alternative method I use sometimes is to do the root colour, add your bleach sections and blend as much as you can into the root colour and secure. Then apply base on what's left. And then when toning I usually use the same level as root colour in a demi and just smooth out the blend of needed.

Latest posts

Back