‘Tis The Season…for Wedding Promotions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
With Christmas and New Year over, the beauty industry is looking to the next big thing and, as we all know, there’s probably only one other industry as lucrative and resilient to tough financial times as our own and that’s the wedding industry.

As summer starts to shimmy out, savvy salons will be looking to offer brides the best possibly wedding beauty options at the best possible prices. Not so long ago we reported on the Get A Grip service offered to brides by Brooks & Brooks: a sort of hand-held DIY option for brides. Now, London-based hair and beauty salon, Daniel Galvin has introduced his own Wedding Package Menu consisting of eight different services that attend to a bride’s hair and beauty needs.

One such service is called the Bridal Stock Take. For £200, the bride and one other can enjoy a manicure, pedicure, lunch and champagne. Other treatment packages include Style Trial, Smile Trial, Colour Me Perfect, Bridal Shape-Up, The Perfect Canvas, Beauty Platinum Standard and Wedding Belle. With prices ranging from £100 to £500, Daniel Galvin reckons there’s something for every bride.

Do you offer a wedding service? Have you got a separate wedding menu? Daniel Galvin's menu seems pretty reasonable but often, the ‘w’ word is free pass for a lot of service providers, such as photographers, bands and caterers to charge more. Do you think that happens in the beauty industry? Do you ‘up’ your prices when it’s a bridal treatment? Do you think it’s the right or the wrong thing to do?

Let us know!

Until then…geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• wedding shot.jpg
    wedding shot.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 694
No, I don't think it is right to charge more for a wedding. You are still doing the same treatment, so why charge more. Yes, brides can be a bit fussy and turn into bridezillas, but that is not a reason to charge more. Regular clients can be just as demanding.

I would always recommend a trial run for anything different before the big day so the bride can decide on the best look, be this for nails, tan, waxing.

Latest posts

Back