£18 delivery charge from S2?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee-Ann10

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I live in Guernsey and was so excited to get my catalogue from S2 the other day until I found out that anything I order has a delivery charge of £18.

Is that standard or just because I live, what is classed as Overseas?

Thanks

Lee-Ann xx

Hi I'm in jersey and it's the same for me. Normally I'll try and hold off as long as possible and buy everything in bulk as you get free delivery on over £150 (I used Ellisons for this) but maybe check with s2 and see what there free delivery mark is and just buy everything in bulk x

Thanks for that, I will find out from S2 then.

I just thought it was so expensive, I nearly died!! :) x

It is I know! There was another thread on here a while ago which said it actually costs them double the amount to ship to the channel islands but they do it half price for us at £18 so it's not through the roof so they actually loose money shipping to us xx

OMG, I think I might have to buy as much as possible when I'm at the Creative Academy next month and bring it back with me and then wait as long as I can to buy in bulk :-( x

Same for me too.....I also order now from Ellisons to get the free delivery....I still order from time to time from S2 also :cool:

Hmm, may have to register from Ellisons then.

£18 is a lot just to ship to us in the Islands :-( x

I know and I hate having to wait!! We know us beans and donkeys are incredibly tight Haha and I just refuse to pay and and would prefer to wait until I have £150 worth to order to get free delivery. Either that or I just order colours that I do not have as an excuse to bump it up!! Lol x

I know and I hate having to wait!! We know us beans and donkeys are incredibly tight Haha and I just refuse to pay and and would prefer to wait until I have £150 worth to order to get free delivery. Either that or I just order colours that I do not have as an excuse to bump it up!! Lol x

We do have the joy of no VAT though so swings and roundabouts :hug:

Yes jersey jock that's very true. When I made my last order she quoted me over £180! I nearly died but after mentioning I live in jersey it was back down to £150 again :) also bravo to Ellisons for there always speedy delivery! X

Would just like to mention what a pleasure it is to read a thread where everyone is reasonable and understands commercial logistics instead of wanting something for nothing.

Nothing to add! Just that :hug:

Would just like to mention what a pleasure it is to read a thread where everyone is reasonable and understands commercial logistics instead of wanting something for nothing.

Nothing to add! Just that :hug:

We're a nice bunch over here in the Channel Islands....think it's because we get a lot of sun :cool:

Latest posts

Back