1/2 head to dip dye?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellechopchop

Reaction score
A friends sister inboxed me asking for dip die
a few months ago I rescued her hair after she did a bodge job on it herself which left her hair coral!! :mad:
So she had half a head of highlites and a toner to reduce the pink and as far as I'm aware hasn't touched it since

My question is, is there a way to dip die it without starting from scratch and having to re lighten the ends after making her darker? I would use the back combing method for dip die usually but obviously I can't do that... So would I put foils on the ends with conditioner and then tint the rest? is there another way or should i just leave well alone?

When I left last time the hair was in surprisingly good condition, obviously I would check again first before attempting this time

I don't want to do it if I'm honest but I know she'll give it a go herself if I don't :eek:
Any advice appreciated as I've already had the second message of '????????????' The cheek of it lol

Can Anyone help? She is pushing me for an answer and I don't know what to say :(

If you don't feel confident doing it love, just say no x

If you don't feel confident doing it love, just say no x

I agree with Beth. If its out of your comfort zone then say no or suggest something that your are comfortable with that might look similar.

If the integrity of the hair will be compromised then no colour will look good if its frazzled and breaking off.

If your client is wearing layers then a good way to give a dip dye effect is to darken the top layers and use a lighter colour on the underneath layers. This works particularly well if the client wants to preserve the condition and shine on the top layers.

Latest posts

Back