12 year old doing nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if she's on salon geek? ;)

Would she be classed as a professional?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Would she be classed as a professional?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app
Hey hunni ...

... If she's had the correct training and is qualified, why would she not be ....
Let's face it ... any therapist can do a 'one day course' and call themselves a professional nail technician so why cant she - just because they are over 18 and she's 12 ... !!!
Gotta say she does fantastic designs, and what an achievement to have them printed in a pro magazine ... Xxxx

Xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

She has said that she has had training off a tech but she cannot gain certificates till she turns 16. So that means no insurance surely?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yep! No insurance! I think her nail art is beautiful, but her parents are being very irresponsible :(

I just hope it's not her parents making her do all these clients nails, if it was my child I would allow her to practice on friends and family. A business can wait until she finishes school.

I think using regular polish on family and friends is acceptable... Some of her designs are great!

Using professional products which require training and the use of lots of chemicals is a bit irresponsible - I personally think whoever the tech is that 'trained' her is irresponsible too.

Didn't see anything on the Facebook page about donations only that Gelish started at £8 I think! Charging and no insurance...

There was also a picture of some gel extensions she had done for the first time on herself. This must have been without training and is a whole different ball game to polish.

Lovely idea but think she should wait until she is older and can train or just use regular polish in the meantime.

Just my opinions :)

I did read in the article or on her facebook page that she had training from gelish to ensure she was using the products correctly. x

Seriously! good for her!! people are quick enough to moan when kids leave school and have no intention of going to work at all and when a girl like this is setting up something of her own for later on in life and actually earning her money/donations they still get slated!!
Ive read about her, she has had training but cant get certificates because of her age but everyone knows that who goes and has their nails done so what is she doing wrong? she isn't hiding those facts?
Im a nail tech and I support everything she does, its nice to see some real passion and talent. I believe her parents are very supportive, you cant force someone to do nails like that!! I would do the same for my child...its very hard nowadays to go and find a job..what a great head start in life! I wish her all the best, she will go far and deserves to.

This wee lady has some serious talent I only wish I was as good as her by god I do try some people are just lucky!! Lol :)

Latest posts

Back