"14 Day Manicure" starter kit on Groupon!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CutiePie

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my first post on SG so please be gentle with me :D.... I have just seen an offer on Groupon which really set alarm bells ringing. I'm not sure if I can post the link to the deal but basically the brand name is "14 Day Manicure" (I have never heard of them before). They are offering a gel polish starter kit including 36w UV lamp for £99.

Not only does the packaging look very similar to shellac/OPI, it is being offered for sale to any member of the public. :eek:

As a trained nail tech I am concerned that such a product is being sold this way. Am I overreacting or does anyone else think this is cause for concern or think the packaging is modelled a bit too closely on an existing brand...?

I also work for a company as a product developer/new produc buyer & I'm puzzled as to how they can offer a high quality product at this price and still make a profit!?

If the link is allowed please let me know and I will post it - just didn't want to break any rules on my first post! x

I saw this add too, and thought it was CND Shellac as the image of the nail on the packaging, and the bottles look exactly the same, the only difference seeming to be "14 day manicure" instead of shellac or CND. When you read the description for the product it does not mentiont there being a fan in the lamp they provide so Im hoping its not the same. I am concerned too. Im going on the course in two weeks time for 1-to-1 training but am now a little put off.

after doing a manicure course and spending well over £400 setting up my Shellac I am very peeved at seeing this add!
The fact that any joe bloggs can go out and but a kit for a couple hundred pounds riles me!

the fact that the packaging is almost identicle is just wrong...makes me wonder how they can get away with it!

There's a lengthy thread on this topic already :D

Sorry, I didn't realise - i did a search before posting and nothing came up! do you have the link for the thread please?

Unfortunately not I'm on my phone and it's pretty restricted :D

Also, just want to say that I will not be buying this kit and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else either!

The website for the brand does not offer training like CND, OPI etc. which is another major concern....

I work as a product developer/new product buyer (not nail products) & I am struggling to see how they can offer a high quality product at this price and still make a profit.

Brands such as CND invest huge amounts of time and money to develop their products, which is why they are not the cheapest, but the best! Any company which takes a pride in the development of their products would not stick it on a website at a huge discount and sell to just anyone, or without training!

I am going to try and look on the positive side.... as someone who bought numerous home kits before going to college to learn properly, I can say from personal experience that the people buying this deal will only end up disappointed at the results. All the reading and youtube videos in the world cannot replace proper hands on training that qualified nail technicians receive. I think a lot of these kits will end up on eBay when people realise that they need to visit a trained professional if they want professional results.:)

When I looked at it yesterday they had sold over 500.... There's is going to be alot of damaged nails going about from this one!!

As has been said, this has already been discussed at length and so I am now closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back