14% tan illegal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophs999

Reaction score
I've had an email from my spray tan company, Fresh Indulgence (love their product!), they hav informed me that as from June this year,spraytan solutions of 14% and above will be illegal in The EU.

It better not be. I think I would become a hermit without my 16% tan.
I'm no skin geek, but I know it would dramatically affect the industry if people who like a dark tan, or even darker skin clients who want the extra glow, can't get it professionally done. It will end up that more will be finding alternate ways such as tanning pills.

I often use sunbeds myself, but the ones who don't and can't get a dark tan will probably move to beds, and in their quest for a dark colour fast will over use them causing damage to their skin.

No doubt this has been imagined up by some pasty skinned ugly person who has no idea about the world of vanity, or understands that some just want to be very dark safely, x

This is not true, basically each tan company has to have a chemist sign there name to the tan companies product. Fresh indulgence chemist won't put there name to anything higher then 14% but nouvatan and other companies chemists will xx

There have been quite a few threads about this already. It is not going to be illegal to continue to buy and use higher than 14% solution if the company sells it. As said above the legislation requires each company to have a chemist sign their name to say the solution is safe, some chemists will not sign off above a 14% so their company can't produce high DHA solutions. The companies who do make and sell higher than 14% solutions have chemists who are willing to sign and say they are safe so it is NOT ILLEGAL to buy or use these solutions.

If you would like to read through other threads on here about this here are the 2 main thread links:

This is the thread that first announced the 'above 14% illegal' info before the emails got sent out by Fresh Indulgence:
http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/218973-need-dark-spray-tan-quick.html

This was the thread that was then started to discuss is 'above 14% illegal' & with the answer it is not illegal at all:
http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/220936-illegal-june-offer-more-than-14-tan.html

Latest posts

Back