1g strand hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahluise

Reaction score
Hello fellow extensionist's
Just looking for some advise regarding the 1g strands?? I was told on my course that using 1g strands on thin haired clients is highly not advised as the weight can cause stress and lead to breakage. However other extensionists in my area seem to be applying them on thin hair as much as it looks beautiful and thick does anyone advise against this?! Or do you apply it in thin hair? Just looking for your experiences

Also what MM rings do you use for the 1g

Thanks Sarah :)

I wouldn't apply 1g on hair that's fine you could pull the natural hair from its route if it can't take the weight and therefore be left with bald patches x

An easy tip is to apply the same amount of extension to the same amount of natural hair. So to support 1g strands you need thick hair which is roughly 1g as well but obviously don't put a huge square of hair through or triangle. Youll see what I mean! Thin hair needs lots of thin strands to look natural. Remember you need to apply hair extensions to look natural although you can have hair thicker and longer with them you don't want to pack 250 strands into a thin head of hair! X

Thanks very much ladies :) think i will use them just for thick hair clients though :) x

Latest posts

Back