2 year hairdressing equivalent to high school?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snyggiss

Reaction score
Hi geeks
Does anyone know the equivalence?
I left school at 16 but then did a full time training course for 2 years in hairdressing, is that the equivalent to having a high school diploma? sorry if its a stupid question but I did my training in another country and not sure what is what in the UK
TA

Hi geeks
Does anyone know the equivalence?
I left school at 16 but then did a full time training course for 2 years in hairdressing, is that the equivalent to having a high school diploma? sorry if its a stupid question but I did my training in another country and not sure what is what in the UK
TA

Would it be seconday education??

Have a look on your certificate, see what it says. If you are applying for work it is best to state what actual qualification you have than what you/me thinks the equivialant is.

In the UK we usually do NVQ's.

Have a look on your certificate, see what it says. If you are applying for work it is best to state what actual qualification you have than what you/me thinks the equivialant is.

In the UK we usually do NVQ's.

im not interested in applying for a hairdressing job (Im studying my beauty nvq3 now and i never worked as a hairdresser its not for me, i did the training over 11 years ago now!) im looking in to applying for a visa in the usa and they ask for a high school degree or equivalent and I was unsure if 2 years of college training after the age of 16 would be seen as equivalent. I suppose no one perhaps knows here cos its a bit of a tricky question i might be better looking for the answers somewhere else but thanks anyway :) x

The high school diploma is the equivalent of our GCSEs. There are organisations that will assess qualifications from abroad. Sorry, not sure where, but worth asking immigrations. My friend's daughter had hers done when she went to the US as she wanted to do a university degree (College over there) and only required GCSEs.

The high school diploma is the equivalent of our GCSEs. There are organisations that will assess qualifications from abroad. Sorry, not sure where, but worth asking immigrations. My friend's daughter had hers done when she went to the US as she wanted to do a university degree (College over there) and only required GCSEs.

thanks! will do some investigation x

Latest posts

Back