20% peroxide and 30% peroxide?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lpolky

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm not a hairdresser I'm beauty but wanted some advice if poss

I've used a permanent tint 8.0 with a 20% peroxide and the colour is good for me but wanting to go slightly darker but only slightly. If I use the same tint with 30% peroxide for the same time would this be darker or shall I just go for next tint colour up?

Thanks peeps xxx

We can't give advice to non hairdressers but I will say that no that won't work, best to go to a salon x

It's just like me asking why my DIY gels are lifting can you tell me how to fix it.

You need to go to a salon to get it the shade you want.

Also, if you choose to ignore this advice, just please don't do what you were suggesting, or there might not be any hair left for a hairdresser to correct.

May I ask where on earth you got your hands on 20 & 30% peroxide?

My god if I had 30% peroxide there would be no limits!

Ok chill I didn't realise I would cause such offence.
I work in a hairdressers and already have had the tinting done 3-4 times and has been fine, I just brought a similar one to touch up the roots in between me having it done at work.

I have got some knowledge of how it works which is why I have done it with a low volume but was just asking. I wasn't doing a totally new colour. Not that I need to explain myself.

Thanks anyway

To the OP. I think you've mixed up volume & percentage as the products you refer to are not available to buy from wholesalers.

We can't give you any technical advice and as you've been advised to visit a professional in a salon, I'll close this thread here before it gets silly.

Remember, having a little bit of technical knowledge can be a dangerous thing!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back