3D nail art on Shellac, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lis Ionie

Reaction score
Right I bought some of those 3D ready made acrylic bows and want to stick them onto shellac nails. I have applied the shellac as normal and they are finished and now I want to just add a 3D now to the ring fingers. My plan was to use a blob of l&p acrylic to stick it on with because I thought it would hold better than just glue. I've just tried this and even scratched the shellac first to give a rough surface to stick onto but it didn't work. Any ideas on how I can do it? At the moment I've just stuck it on with nail glue which I'm guessing will fall off easily and even that didn't stick very easily. I also think the 3D bow is too big to apply and then put shellac top coat over the top Would really appreciate any suggestions!? X

Curious to, anybody done this?

I imbed them in wet shellac, cure, then 2 x topcoat (generous amounts) It stuck so well I had trouble getting them off after 2 weeks! X

Thanks for replying x

I wondered about this too so instead I just practiced in making my own 3D bows with acrylic onto my nail.Downside- took me a lot of practice to get the 'perfect' bow
Plus side- it was curved around the shape of my nail so it didn't ping off. - it was secure & was lovely & shiny with top coat. -I added a gem in the middle & it looked gorgeous!

:) xxx

Thanks I was thinking of doing that because I have done it with a diamanté before and It stayed on really well but thought the bow sticks out from the nail too much to put top coat over. May have to learn to do my own because like u said it would mould onto the nail then. The acrylic still might not stick onto shellac very well though. Thanks for the comments x

I've done both, I found the bow sticking out frustrating and I cheese grated it on one or more occasion :D out of acrylic bead and gel top coat, I prefer the gel top coat and it lasted longer.. Anyone for a cheese sandwich?? Lols xx

When I apply the acrylic bows I normally drill a curve out of the back of the bow which makes it sit on the nail a lot nicer, on shellac I normally do 1 top coat after colour coats, cure, then another top coat dont cure put nail adhesive on the back of the bow and put on the nail with uncured top coat and then cure in the light this has stuck them on quite well before, other wise just using adhesive on the bow and stick on after curing the top coat and removing sticky layer

Thanks everyone :) x

Hi

Just reading all the posts

After you have placed the bow on, do you put top coat just on the nail and around the base of the bow
Also if the bow has a diamanté in it is it ok to then put it under the lamp

Latest posts

Back