3D Nails for show

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coppertop

Reaction score
I need some help, advice from you lovely geeks.
I have been asked to stay on at college and do Media nails where we will each decide on a theme and design a set of nails for the model to wear as well as thinking about the clothes and hair.

Now as i have only just started dabbling in 3d i have no idea what kinda things i could do.

Could anybody point me in the direction of any good sites that may help me out or have any photos if you have done this kinda thing before. Any advice would be appreciated :hug:

I did this at college as part of my nvq3. I did mine punk style, but others did theirs based on sweets, devils, angels, sea, etc.

Little tip for you if you're pre-designing the tips to just blue-tack on. Paint the underside of nails you do (i've learnt from my mistake as you can see underneath on some of my pics) and have a backup model with similar sized nails (my model cancelled so i was rushing round last min and this model had nails on already).

Attachments

• IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 173
I have chosen to do a fantasy wedding theam, maybe not the best thing to do but i was put on the spot and had to choose last night.
Anyway the nails have to be way OTT and any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am going to sculpt stillettos on the pinkies and want to try some spirals out too.
Am going to use tiny pearls and large pearls (fake of course) along with wire and huge rhinestones to turn traditional designs into something sutible for the show.

I have to use all types of nails, natural, artificial and pre prepared tips and 3 different techniques from airbrushing, 3d, freehand, cutouts, embedding and coloured gel/l&p.

Wish me luck! :eek:

ღMandyღ;755420 said:
I have chosen to do a fantasy wedding theam, maybe not the best thing to do but i was put on the spot and had to choose last night.
Anyway the nails have to be way OTT and any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am going to sculpt stillettos on the pinkies and want to try some spirals out too.
Am going to use tiny pearls and large pearls (fake of course) along with wire and huge rhinestones to turn traditional designs into something sutible for the show.

I have to use all types of nails, natural, artificial and pre prepared tips and 3 different techniques from airbrushing, 3d, freehand, cutouts, embedding and coloured gel/l&p.

Wish me luck! :eek:
A little bouquet of flowers maybe Champagne glass. Don't know if these are any help

Thanks.
I have made a list of everything you associate with wedding and i guess i have to just go for it and try things out.
It's very hard to find any photos on media/fantasy nails for inspiration.

Latest posts

Back