41 weeks - no sign of labour!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsVLS

Reaction score
This is my first and im 41 weeks today!

Had first sweep and said baby was really low but couldn't do sweep so just had a good 'shake up'

( been doing everything since 37 weeks to get baby to come early other than raspberry tea as I can't stomach it)

Had my second sweep today and she said baby is low but no lower than week 40 and my cervix is no where near ready so being induce Monday....

We basically left midwives with the impression she doesn't think baby us going to make an appearance anytime soon, has anyone else had this said to them then gone in to natural labour??

Probably not what you want to hear but Sex 👍
I was over due with all 3 of mine and each time labour started 6 hours after a wee rumble in the jungle haha

Don't try castor oil.....doesn't work .....just leaves you very uncomfortable.

Hot curry?

Yeah that's got us no where either! :(

My first 3 were all late , 17 days, 15 days and 16 days...my mother used to drive me mental at the time saying ...when the apple s ripe , it'll fall from the tree ....felt like thumping her .

Eat fresh pineapple - my midwife advised this for my 1st & labour started within 12 hrs. With our 2nd hubby came home with a pineapple on my due date & she was born early hrs of the following morning!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lol

That's what my mums like, although she had horrid birth with me and cause I'm heading down same route she thinks it's the past repeating itself...! We gave had very identical pregnancies so far! Apart from she is saying my baby is going to be really big !!

Done pineapple also, ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392848507.827105.jpg

Been having these homemade smoothies.... Nothing!

Don't believe in these home remedies anymore just think it's all coincidence that it's happened after... :|

Done pineapple also, View attachment 56855

Been having these homemade smoothies.... Nothing!

Don't believe in these home remedies anymore just think it's all coincidence that it's happened after... :|

I think you might be right.

For my second, I drank the raspberry leaf tea (I know, you hate it) and bounced up and down on a yoga ball every chance I got. Baby was due on my birthday and I wasn't having it. I also needed her born before September as otherwise I'd have to have waited another 12 months before being able to ship her off to school. Thankfully she arrived 6 days early. Have you tried the tea chilled with ice cubes and sugar? Add a bit of Ribena into the mix to hide the taste.

The raspberry tea never worked for me either but I used to wait till it was cool it was alot easier to drink .. Also squats .. I was the same as you with the sweep and low baby but still a no show .. Went home n got fed up started squatting about the house waters broke after an hour or so was induced 2 days later xx

The only thing that will really do anything is sex. His sperm will soften your cervix & start labour if your ready for it to start.

I was told that the pessaries they give you to start you off have pig sperm in them (I think this has been changed to a synthetic version now but defo used to be true).

Have sex as much as you can cope with, if your ready it will help.

Rasberry tea is NOT to start you off, it is to make a stage of labour shorter (stage 2 I think) so you have the baby quicker and with less pain.

I hope it all happens naturally and your bundle of love is in your arms soon.

The only thing that will really do anything is sex. His sperm will soften your cervix & start labour if your ready for it to start.

I was told that the pessaries they give you to start you off have pig sperm in them (I think this has been changed to a synthetic version now but defo used to be true).

Have sex as much as you can cope with, if your ready it will help.

Rasberry tea is NOT to start you off, it is to make a stage of labour shorter (stage 2 I think) so you have the baby quicker and with less pain.

I hope it all happens naturally and your bundle of love is in your arms soon.

Interesting. Yes, my second stage was definitely shorter. 4 hours labour in total, which is pretty good really. And not too much pain.

Lol

That's what my mums like, although she had horrid birth with me and cause I'm heading down same route she thinks it's the past repeating itself...! We gave had very identical pregnancies so far! Apart from she is saying my baby is going to be really big !!

Awh it's frustrating waiting, I remember it well! I tried everything with my second and the day I gave in and thought I'd give up I went for coffee with a friend and went into labour! I know it's easier said than done but try relaxing, warm bath, DVD etc. And be confident, just cuz your mum had a horrid birth doesn't mean yours will be :) and my second birth was even easier than the first, first was 7lb 13oz and second was born at home 5 hour labour, so chilled and turned out he was 9lb 1oz (and I'm a size 6/8!) so I was so surprised as I thought bigger baby = harder birth! Good luck! Xxxxxx

That's interesting. I was told that it works orally too.

How exciting! Hoping your baby puts in an appearance soon! Id love to go back and have my 4 all over again :)

I know its hard but really cherish these last few days get lots of rest and relax ;)

As others have said avoid castor oil the only thing that will get moving is your bowels to put it politely.
Sex, sex and more sex will bring baby here, long walks and rocking too
Good luck and enjoy last few full nights sleep and bump

As the others have said lots of sex also nipple stimulation they can both trigger the hormone Oxytocin which bring on contractions also get on the ball plenty of rocking and bouncing will bring the baby's head down, but I must say labour won't happen until your body/ baby is ready or unless medical intervention is used, but I wish you the best of luck fingers crossed for you xx

I was 9 days overdue and I walked to the shop with my husband. He walks SO fast I really struggle to keep up! My labour started that night, lasted 5 hours from the first twinge and I found it easy with no pain relief, didn't even want gas & air. Good luck! Baby can't stay in there forever!

That's interesting. I was told that it works orally too.

I think this rumour has been spread by men lol!!!

I had a cervical sweep, and was told my baby was nowhere near ready to come out - she came 2 days later!

Very best of luck. Please keep us informed.

Vicki x

Rasberry tea is best taken a couple of weeks before your due, it doesnt bring labour on it softens your cervix to make labour easier. I took the tablets.

Latest posts

Back