41 weeks - no sign of labour!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both my children were 2 weeks late so feel your pain!

Do you have a fit ball?

Bouncing on it helps as does kneeling on all fours and resting on it to help you rock. Helps bring baby down and applys pressure on the cervix.

I refused the inductions I was offered and agreed to daily monitoring instead. Luckily they came before that was needed, think the stress of not wanting inductions got things moving!

Good luck!

Yes I have a ball, been on it since 37 weeks bouncing.. When I say I have done everything other than castor oil I have tried everything! :-/

When it comes to sex my midwife scared husband off at last appointment cause we said we have been started having sex as a way to get things moving, when she did internal she asked if he felt the baby's head cause she is so low, now he won't touch me, which is understandable cause it has completely freaked him out!! He knows he wont hurt baby but he hates idea of it now and to be honest when she showed me how far In she went and touched baby's head on her fingers it freaked me out too!! Lol

Only thing I can think of is they have my dates wrong and maybe I'm just not ready yet!

Thanks for all your comments!!

Xx

When my green notes were given back to me, my date said 42Wks +3!!!! And I was induced! Think my child would've stayed in much longer if given half the chance!!

Try to enjoy the time you've got left instead of willing it away. I know it's exciting, I was the same, but this time next week you'll probably give your right arm and both legs to pop her back in for an hour to sleep! :lol:

That's true! :) I am excited but I am enjoying lazing on sofa and napping! Been on ball for an hour and shattered now!

I think this rumour has been spread by men lol!!!

I had a cervical sweep, and was told my baby was nowhere near ready to come out - she came 2 days later!

Very best of luck. Please keep us informed.

Vicki x

Haha I was gonna say whos told u that ur OH? lmao xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Nipples stimulation set two of my friends off, but like you say it could have been a coincidence or maternity reflexology? x

I have also done that!! Lol the lady doing it is unwell so not had it done since 40weeks!... Yes I have also been told by my MW that oral sex is the best way..... I am not that desperate lol!!

I have also done that!! Lol the lady doing it is unwell so not had it done since 40weeks!... Yes I have also been told by my MW that oral sex is the best way..... I am not that desperate lol!!

Okay, I'm confused now. The nipple stimulation for a start, why is a lady doing it and not your partner? Secondly, which partner gets the oral sex? How can the husband receiving it stimulate your cervix? Or am I completely stupid and reading this all wrong. :eek:

Okay, I'm confused now. The nipple stimulation for a start, why is a lady doing it and not your partner? Secondly, which partner gets the oral sex? How can the husband receiving it stimulate your cervix? Or am I completely stupid and reading this all wrong. :eek:

I'm so glad it's not just me who's confused!

Lol I meant I have tried nipple simulation.

Swallowing is meant to be good....

I also meant I had a lady (doopla) that did massages acupressure ones to try and help aswell. Xx

Lol I meant I have tried nipple simulation.

Swallowing is meant to be good....

I also meant I had a lady (doopla) that did massages acupressure ones to try and help aswell. Xx

I doubt it! As someone said before, a man made that one up for sure.

Do they not mean hubby giving you oral as you having an orgasm can jump start contractions!!! Just a thought xx

Do they not mean hubby giving you oral as you having an orgasm can jump start contractions!!! Just a thought xx

That's what I would have thought.

As the others have said lots of sex also nipple stimulation they can both trigger the hormone Oxytocin which bring on contractions also get on the ball plenty of rocking and bouncing will bring the baby's head down, but I must say labour won't happen until your body/ baby is ready or unless medical intervention is used, but I wish you the best of luck fingers crossed for you xx

I don't wish to be crude but I can vouch for the nipple twiddling but for quite a time - I even remember feeling something in the womb area during this

Also the raspberry tea - got to hospital at 2.50 and I'd had her by 3.30:eek:

I don't wish to be crude but I can vouch for the nipple twiddling but for quite a time - I even remember feeling something in the womb area during this

I got to hospital at 3:15am and baby was born at 4:20am Hubby was told to go home and get some sleep and come back in the morning. He missed the birth cos my cervix stretched from 3 to 10cm in half an hour. :irked:

Good old Raspberry Leaf!

I'm glad I didn't drink raspberry leaf tea then!! I didn't realise I was in labour til 9cm, i only agreed to go to hospital to please my mum! I doubt I would have made it in time lol :lol:

If my husband had tried to help out like that.... He'd have been the one heading to hospital.

If my husband had tried to help out like that.... He'd have been the one heading to hospital.

Can't stop laughing at this.....I think I've got the giggles tonight.

22:06: update - I'm still laughing!

Last edited:

Hahaha this made me laugh so much 😄

Latest posts

Back