8/1 enough to tone down these warm roots? Pics attached

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhe

Reaction score
Hi, this is actually my own hair crisis that I need sorting tomorrow as I'm going on my hen do Friday! natural base 8 fairly ashy, used wella colour touch 8/0 on roots to mid lengths as had some hi lift tint hi lights that I wanted to town down.
However, the roots went this brassy colour! I cannot figure out why, I am pregnant so maybe it's that!?
Do you think that a colour touch 8/1 with 1.9% would be enough to tone this to a natural ashy blonde?
Thanks!
Just to add.. It doesn't look this bad in all lights, and I've been using lots of silver shampoo but it's not touching it :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 551
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 404
Those roots are a 7; i'd recommend 7/89 w/ 8/81 in colour touch with 1.9%.

Thanks for the advice :) I don't know if it's just that pic because they do seem to match to an 8..
What a nightmare I just want them toned to a natural ash blonde for my wedding lol :(

Thanks for the advice :) I don't know if it's just that pic because they do seem to match to an 8..
What a nightmare I just want them toned to a natural ash blonde for my wedding lol :(
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1446072654.598785.jpg

That's an 8.

Just remember that an 8 is VERY light and not a common natural hair colour. Its common amongst Scandinavians but not really British caucasians.

Eyebrows are a dead giveaway too, if your natural eyebrows are really light then your hair probably is an 8.

So you gals are hens huh? Not quite fair that the men get to be stags.

That's my hair (old pic) completely natural no colour.. Would you say 7 or 8? Only interested in what you think :) if you think 7 this would be why the 8/0 colour touch made it slightly brassy as it must have slightly lifted to reveal the warm undertones.. Thanks again!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 316
That's my hair (old pic) completely natural no colour.. Would you say 7 or 8? Only interested in what you think :) if you think 7 this would be why the 8/0 colour touch made it slightly brassy as it must have slightly lifted to reveal the warm undertones.. Thanks again!

7!

Yes thats more than likely what's happened!

I have some illumina 7/81 in actually, do you think this mixed with pastel would tone it back ashy? Thanks so much for the help!

Your ends are closer to an 8, your root area or zone 1 are more a 7.

What do you guys think to the illumina 7/81 with double pastel developer on damp hair then? Think I'm gonna give that a go hopefully it will be strong enough to tone away the warm ness!

What do you guys think to the illumina 7/81 with double pastel developer on damp hair then? Think I'm gonna give that a go hopefully it will be strong enough to tone away the warm ness!

That will be very powerful however i find 7/81 to be on the darker side of a 7 but it will neutralise it a lot!

Brill maybe I should mix with a quarter 8/1 to stop it going too dark.. Thanks for the help

Just to update you I used 30g 7/81 and 10g 8/69 with double pastel developer and it took some doing! (Left of for must have been 35 mins) and it has neutralised it nicely, still a hint of warmth some how but overall more on the ash side so very happy thanks guys, I'll attach a pic later!

Pic for anyone who wants to see :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 374

Latest posts

Back