8/71 gone warm, why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krisko

Reaction score
I applied Koleston 8/71 on perfectly bleached to level 10 hair and the result is very warm. What could be the reason?

Attachments

• bleached.jpg
    bleached.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 200
  • 871.jpg
    871.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 177
  • Снимка12742.jpg
    Снимка12742.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 175
Hi was was your intended result ? I was taught years ago that /7 in wella was a mixture of all the warm tones it contains red / copper / yellow pigments and it's great for lowlights and going darker without having to pre pigment
So 8/71 = level 8 - predominantly warm - with ash secondary tone
The pic looks slightly dark for an 8 ,but the tone is what I would expect

I didn`t expect it to go so warm... My goal was natural looking slightly cool beige...

Hi

What make of colour did you use? If it's wella their brunette shades come out very warm so if you wanted a cooler result you probably wanted the /7 as the secondary tone. The /71 shades come out lush.

I used Wella Koleston 8/71 with pastel developer in a ratio of 1:2. I thought that the 7 tone will fill the bleached hair and the result will be nice and natural...

Yeah I would of used 8/17 as the colour it was put onto a base 10 level. Was she happy with it? Or was it you who wasn't happy?

8/17 doesn`t exist but it would be great :) HE doesn`t like the color. Neither do I.

Oh yeah sorry you can mix 7/17 & 9/17 next time.
Maybe put 10/16 with pastel on wet hair for a few minutes to tone down the warmth. That's what I would do.

I was thinkig if some semi permanent coloring conditioner would work...

I have 9/17 and 7/17 on my shade chart ! ( it's pretty old !)

Lol they both exist still.

Wella beige is 10/03 xx

I find wells 10/03 very golden

Very light and definitely not beige

Beige can mean different things to different people . It's
Better to get people to show you a picture of a colour they like and you can advise them
Shade charts are only a guide and the result depends on the depth and underlying pigment of the hair your working with
Also the history of the hair ( has it been previously coloured ?)

Ok how would you achieve this color on this bleached hair? Obviously 8/71 didn`t work...

Attachments

• beige blond.png
    beige blond.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 133
  • bleached.jpg
    bleached.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 116
I can't see any discernible difference between your result and the pic you've shown ! Am I missing something ?

I just did a bleach bath to remove the disgusting color. The result is bright orange. Even his natural color didn`t pull so much warmth while bleachingis. This /7 tone i so full of warm tones...

Do you think Koleston 8/1 will cover over this?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 54
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 48
Have you any 9/8 ? I know it's a base 9 but it can neutralise screaming custard !

Latest posts

Back