80s inspiration

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thinkpink2008

Reaction score
So as the title suggests I'm looking for inspiration for an 80s style nail art design and I'm stumped! The girl who's asked for it loves pink and prefers each nail to be different usually, I'm thinking neons always a winner but my heads hurting already!

How about lace ?

This really isn't going to help you but my main memories from the 80's are Dirty Dancing, dodgy haircuts, plastic earrings and the colour electric blue!
Hope someone comes along that can give you some decent ideas x

When ever I need 80's insperation I just look at this pony LOL
picture.php

As a child of the 80s I would say asymmetric designsin bold pinks electric blues and yellows would do the trick!

my little pony...i loved them and care bears!!!

anyway type in 80s nail art on google there are some fab ideas but think leapard print/bright colours/lots of pink/lace/abstract....just go for it really!!

dont forget to put pics on here x

Really sorry if this sound patronising or obvious I dont mean it that way, but have you tried google? I just did a quick search on google images for "80s nail art" and found some fab designs! Lots of neons clashing, cute rubiks cubes etc (even tho they came out earlier than the 80s?) too much to list! Hth xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

my little pony...i loved them and care bears!!!

anyway type in 80s nail art on google there are some fab ideas but think leapard print/bright colours/lots of pink/lace/abstract....just go for it really!!

dont forget to put pics on here x

Typed it quicker than I could lol xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

Thanks all. Love the my little pony have sent her a pic! & i have searched but only on my phone need to get on ipad, i havr found pacman nails which im loving but doubtful i can convice her to go there!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

The thing I remember about the 80s is the geometric wallpaper that everyone had, including my brother. Does anyone remember it? It was red, grey and black.

Omg yes I remember that

I seen a set of nails my colleague done, what were dashing diva multi coloured neon tips with each tip a different colour with zillionaire shellac over the top, it looked amazing!! Quite subtle compared to full on nails art but looked so good! HTH xxx

Latest posts

Back