9/1 on base 6 regrowth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoseKay

Reaction score
I'm a base 6 and do my own foil highlights with highlift tint. I have done this for years so my hair looked near enough like a full head blonde. I did top t section every 6-8 weeks and a full head every 4 months(ish).

I have grown out my highlights for months now and my regrowth around 4-5 inches on the top t section and about 7 or 8 inches underneath because I haven't had time or money to colour my hair.

I want to do my highlights again to get rid of my roots but I want to colour in between the foils with a darker ash blonde and I ordered wella koleston 8/1 but they sent me 9/1 instead.

My question is if I put 9/1 on with 9% on my base 6 regrowth then how can I get my light ends the same colour? Would using 9/1 with 3% on the ends work?

I wouldnt use just straight 9/1 on the ends. It will turn muddy as you most likely will have have some highlights left out in between the foils on the ends. You need a bit warmth to fill the missing underlying pigment.

Honestly I don't get what's your plan with the in between color. On your level 6 base it will lighten all of your hair and thus exposing warmth while subduing just a little of it. So you will most likely end up with light roots, warm mids and a muddy cast on your ends. Especially when your hair grows out there will be a lighter band from the 9/1.
I don't think you will like that.

Honestly I don't get what's your plan with the in between color. On your level 6 base it will lighten all of your hair and thus exposing warmth while subduing just a little of it. So you will most likely end up with light roots, warm mids and a muddy cast on your ends. Especially when your hair grows out there will be a lighter band from the 9/1.
I don't think you will like that.

Totally agree. I was going to add that as well. Going from a level 6 to 9 with color is quite a jump, and you're bound to get a brassy end result, even with an ash based tone.

I guess you'll be better off with your regular highlift highlights and adding lowlights in ct 8/7 for example every second foil. But there are several different options for that.

Don't put 9.1 on level 6 lol you'll get an 8.3 I promise

Latest posts

Back