A competitor posting on my Facebook page

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elizabethashton

Reaction score
Hi

I have recently had (and blocked) a competitor who posted a link to their business on my Facebook page!!!! Never heard of her before so it is a random stranger..... Is it me or would you be mad too? I thought it was a right cheek!

Surely it's an unspoken rule and damn right rude????

I had one of my colleagues post her business link on my FB page, asking me to like it!

Nowt so queer as folk!

That's pure cheeky!!
I wouldn't dream of doing that to a local business, surely they can advertise in other ways without blatantly going onto your page to take your clients.
Shows they see you as a big threat ;)

This is exactly the same as walking into a salon and giving out your literature to their clients.

Some people have no shame!! :)

I couldn't believe it! Luckily I worked out how to block on Facebook pages, so that won't be happening again.

Maybe it was someone off the 'salon facebook' thread letting you know they've liked your page?

One of my clients left her business cards in our salon once. For eyelash extensions. I do hers. Talk about being cheeky lol. And shes undercutting me big time!

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

There are always a lot of people with little to no class.

Personally I think it tells you a lot about their ethics.

In any industry they are people like that, zero respect and no ability to work as a team, of course all salons have "competition" but different types of people see it in different ways.
Xx

Someone did the same to me, I was advertising that I had just started using Laurens Way Spray Tan and they commented on the picture saying that they offer that at such and such salon for X amount and then put the contact number! How Rude????? I was fuming lol xxx

I would block her too. We had someone constantly advertising their tan products on our page then one lady had the cheek to tag her nail tech on one of my nail pics asking her to do them next time

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh gosh, just looked at said persons fb page and looks like she is a possibly a member of salon geek!!!! 🙈 wonder if she read this 😂 someone has posted on her page "just popping by from SG"

Oh gosh, just looked at said persons fb page and looks like she is a possibly a member of salon geek!!!! 🙈 wonder if she read this 😂 someone has posted on her page "just popping by from SG"

In the above instance I wouldn't be bothered by that, but to link a business page too another business page of same/similar nature is a tad cheeky! And no reference too say they are a SG person.
Well if it is an SG person they will see this thread soon enough lol.

I am not bothered that she is a potential geek - someone from here had posted on her wall hi from SG not on mine. On my timeline was her link to her business!!
Hehe let's hope it's read by the culprit and she realises it's not on :)

Hang on.....was it me?
I really do have problems understanding face book and I was liking some pages in the FB thread.
I think there were a few where I couldn't work out how to send a messagee, so l posted on their wall. Oops!
I'm very, very sorry....just accept my apologies for being a face book numpty, it was unintentional.

Hahah no not you Hazel :) xxx

Latest posts

Back