A dilema....to go or not to go!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beauty Zoo

Reaction score
It is one of my very good friends 40th Birthday this weekend and she is having a party. It will be a great night....a load of our friends will be there who we have not seen since we moved down to Cornwall almost 2 1/2 years ago. It is near Heathrow (approx 250 miles away) and we have to stay with one set of friends on the party night then move to stay with another friend the following day...that is not too much of a problem.

My dilema is that I really want to go to Excel in a couple of weeks.....we are a bit skint at the moment and I cannot really justify doing both trips. I have already been to London at the end of last month as my ex-father-in-law was very ill.

My 6 year old daughter was sent home from school today as she has a barking cough. Do I risk taking her away and passing it around? Do I say stuff the money and do both (Hubby's suggestion!!!) Or do I just do the Excel trip and meet up with a load of Geeky Peeps ....where I will finally be able to put faces to the names of all the people that have kept me sane since I moved to the back of beyond :D

Awe...what to do!!!! Help....please???!!!!!
Love a very 'down in the dumps' Nikki XXX

if it's hubby's suggestion I agree - stuff the dosh and do both!!!!

Awe, bless ya Samantha!!!!

My trouble is it's the old sensible head fighting against the 'I wanna do both' heart!!! :irked:

The other problem is that I will be 39 + 1 this year .... so I know my friend needs all the support she can get!!!!! :wink2:

What is it your signature says Nikki? :lol: 'You only live once'... I'd do both, and hang the expense......(I was just saying the same to the bailiffs that popped round the other day, lol!)

Same here Nikki, major crisis time!

suey said:
I'd do both, and hang the expense......(I was just saying the same to the bailiffs that popped round the other day, lol!)

ROFL!!!! SEE!!!!...I have to come and meet the 'Geeks'...you all just cheer me up soooo much!! :lol:

Hi Nikki

I have learnt that you can never have too many friends, so keep in touch with those you have. When money is tight then a little creativity with the finances can do the trick. I am having a girlie weekend that I cannot afford so now I am taking a friend of my sons to school every day - the money I earn will pay for the trip! Happy Bunnies all round! Have fun, take some good medicine for your daughter so she can sleep through the night and not wake your hosts!

You are lucky that you have a husband who says do both!!

I can tell that going to Excel is important to you, but it will be a special night for your friend and think how happy she will be to see you at her party.

Like you say - you only live once, so enjoy them both!

You must have seen the ad on tv where the lady's texting saying sorry she can't make it to the party, it won't be the same without you, & what are you doing instead ( if not then that's the lines it's on ) Then the friend turns up as a suprise as she was going all along. I SAY GO TO THE PARTY FOR DEFINATE. There will be other exhibitions & geek meet opportunities but a 40th party is a one off. Your daughter will be fine with a drop of medised as & when required & hubby is up for it SO GO TO THE PARTY.

Like hubby said do both if you want but Excel is a day for you where as the party will benefit all of your family. :eek: OK so I've got my sensible head on today then.
Have fun whichever you decide to do

Sonia

Mrs Geek said:
if it's hubby's suggestion I agree - stuff the dosh and do both!!!!
Go for it.

Latest posts

Back