a little confused

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

essexnails

Reaction score
[font=Porky's]Thanks for all you advice from my last post. I have been looking at what is best but am no wiser at the moment. Some of you tell me that if I do an NVQ I will still need to convert with creative in order to use there L & P and the NVQ centre I have contacted have told me that I don’t . the thing is I don’t want to pay out twice so dose anyone else know what advice is fact. I would also like to know a little more about the trainers at the Essex academy as I am very shy and also suffer from dyslexia and am very worried about booking onto a class.

[/font]

Hey way to go essexnails

Please do not take this the wrong way but I suffer with a hearing problem that comes and goes and to me when it is bad (one ear completely deaf) it is a problem - a hidden disability and one I cope with as best I can. Now most of my customers are used to this and have gotten used to shouting at me - especially when i put the extractor on ha ha.

What I am trying to get at is - you have the confidence, determination to succeed and the motivation to use this site, despite having dyslexia, you have not let that stop you from doing this so, therefore i bet you will acheive your goals - so go get em and don't let anything stand in your way.

You are right to check out all the differnet avenues as far as training is concerned - I didn't and am now realising I should have planned that much better - I know I will in future

GOOD LUCK

Jo xx

Hi again lol

dyslexia is something Tracey L has delt with before!!! When I had my training I had a girl in my class who was completely deaf and severley dyslexic!! So Tracey has been there before and knows how to deal with it. So don't be afraid!!

xxlayxx

Contact your local council and find out if it will be a requirement in the near future to have your NVQ. If it is, then thats the road to take. If not, then the choice is yours. I would contact Tracey (she is really sweet) and go the Creative route. Get some experience and do your NVQ next year.

essexnails said:
[font=Porky's]Thanks for all you advice from my last post. I have been looking at what is best but am no wiser at the moment. Some of you tell me that if I do an NVQ I will still need to convert with creative in order to use there L & P and the NVQ centre I have contacted have told me that I don’t . the thing is I don’t want to pay out twice so dose anyone else know what advice is fact. I would also like to know a little more about the trainers at the Essex academy as I am very shy and also suffer from dyslexia and am very worried about booking onto a class. [/font]
Over the years, we have had many dyslexic students go through the C.N.A. We do not see this as a problem at all because the student can do the assessment orally and our Ambassadors can help where applicable with text! If this is a problem for you, don't make it bigger than it needs to be - we are here to help in any way we can!!;)

I did my training at Loughton and I had 2 girls in my class that were dyxlexic (there, I can`t even spell that) and they were ok, all the notes from one of the girls were copied for them so there really is no need for concern. You will be treated really well and it is discreet

I would suggest doing the creative course first as chocolate as said, Then got on and do the nvq.
Regarding the disability, I wouldnt worry. There are lots of Nail Tech who have allsorts of disabilities, doesnt hold them back :cool:
Ive found it makes you a stronger person if you aim for your goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back