A little disheartened with lack of responses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susandoeshair

Reaction score
Hi there, I've been on SG for a while now and have posted pics to the "What nails are you sporting today" many times. I've looked back over these posts, and have noticed that my pics rarely, if ever, get responses. Is my work that unremarkable? Is it because my username is Susandoeshair(part of my email address I've had for 15+years, from when I did more hair than nails), because I'm not from the UK( can't believe that since there are many folks from all over the world), or I'm just awful at what I do?
I'm proud of my work and work very hard to please my clients. I am a Master with CND and have been in this business for over 35 years. I see many pics of nails that are uneven, misshapen and are really sub par, and they even get responses.

So, can you give me some insight, or at least tell me not to bother posting pics anymore. Frankly, it really has hurt my feelings 😕

Hi, I've seen your work on the thread, its nice and neat but I wouldn't comment on it because (and I'm sure I'm not alone) I only comment on the stuff I reaaaaaly love or haven't seen before.

I too have posted stuff that no one else on the thread has done yet, only to have it buried or ignored, just part of the thread lol :)

Don't be upset or take it personally!!! ♥ I think you are worrying over nothing.

So many pictures get uploaded on this post that it depends completely on who is viewing the thread and how many.

At times I haven't looked at the thread for a few days and its grown by 5 pages and I may just look at the past 2.

Keep posting your pics! ! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Don't be upset or take it personally!!! ♥ I think you are worrying over nothing.

So many pictures get uploaded on this post that it depends completely on who is viewing the thread and how many.

At times I haven't looked at the thread for a few days and its grown by 5 pages and I may just look at the past 2.

Keep posting your pics! ! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

You're right, this thread moves so quickly that if I haven't gotten a response to a pic after a pages worth of posting, I consider it buried...lol thanks for the encouragement

Yup they do tend to get buried pretty quick on there, especially if there's loads of comments in between the pictures, Don't shoot me! but I actually wish that many would ask questions about the pics or 'I love them' comments to PM's, remember also if people are viewing on there phones the heart option isn't available :hug:

Yup they do tend to get buried pretty quick on there, especially if there's loads of comments in between the pictures, Don't shoot me! but I actually wish that many would ask questions about the pics or 'I love them' comments to PM's, remember also if people are viewing on there phones the heart option isn't available :hug:

Thanks a bunch.....heart option...what is this?

Thanks a bunch.....heart option...what is this?

If you click on the heart at the bottom right of someone's post it notes that you "heart this". A lot of people do this to show that they like a post or agree with what someone has said xx

If you click on the heart at the bottom right of someone's post it notes that you "heart this". A lot of people do this to show that they like a post or agree with what someone has said xx

No heart on the bottom of your post. Maybe because I'm not on a regular computer but my ipad? I'll have to check this out. Thanks again

No heart on the bottom of your post. Maybe because I'm not on a regular computer but my ipad? I'll have to check this out. Thanks again

Oh yes, that would be why. They don't show up on phones and apps xx

I wouldn't get disheartened - there's often work that I think is amazing but I don't comment unless it's something I'd wear myself which would actually tend to be something more 'average'.

PS. I have the heart option on my phone. :)

Susan looking at your profile you have 60+ hearts received - perhaps you're not even realise people are 'liking' your work/posts.

Susan looking at your profile you have 60+ hearts received - perhaps you're not even realise people are 'liking' your work/posts.

Well my goodness! Since I rarely go onto SG on my PC, no, I haven't seen any hearts at all! Thank you so much, Emily S for pointing this out, it makes me feel so much better. Now maybe I should get up off the sofa and walk into the office and look at my profile once in a while...lol

Well my goodness! Since I rarely go onto SG on my PC, no, I haven't seen any hearts at all! Thank you so much, Emily S for pointing this out, it makes me feel so much better. Now maybe I should get up off the sofa and walk into the office and look at my profile once in a while...lol

... there you go, stop worrying :) .. I've not looked as you haven't any albums but I'm sure your work is fab x

Just had a look thru your posts in that thread - your work looks very neat and precise, I'm not one for natural nails tho I like long acrylics and it's very very rare that I'd 'heart' a polishing job, no matter how good the polishing is it just doesn't catch my eye the same as a good set of extensions x

Hi Susan! Linda, here. I use Safari to log on SG from my iPad. That way you get all the features. :)

Hi Susan! Linda, here. I use Safari to log on SG from my iPad. That way you get all the features. :)

So smart! That's what I have to do I order to post a pic, so I have no idea why I haven't even thought to use the other features. Duh!

Latest posts

Back