A non-buff 'Gel Polish'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

80's Girl

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I love Shellac but sometimes I see colours in other ranges and think 'I'd love to try that'. I've looked at a few other ranges of gel polish and the instructions start with 'gently buff the nail’. This puts me off and my clients would certainly dislike it.

So the question is: is there a 'gel polish' that you would recommend that doesn't require buffing the nail first? Or perhaps there's a system that recommends buffing but you've found it unnecessary?

Many thanks in advance for any ideas :)

I'm loving Ink London at the minute. Its a hybrid like shellac and I dont buff with it. It also removes better than any other gel polish I've seen. My clients seem to get longer with ink than shellac too.

The colour range isn't massive at the minute but hopefully that will change. They do a trial of top, base, a colour, dehydrator (although i'll stick to scrubfresh), remover and cleanser for really cheap so its worth a try.

I use cuccio, I dont buff except on anyone prone to lifting

I use gelicure and don't buff.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't buff with gelish x

I never buffed with Gelish either. I'm not saying it will work with everyone, but it was successful when I was using Gelish.

Looks like I've got loads of options! I may well pick up some of these brands at Olympia next week ;)

Thanks ladies. X

I don't buff with ibd just gel

I've just looked at ink London, I'm quite impressed I May trial it on myself and family whilst on maternity leave, never thought I'd come away from shellac but now I am tempted eek!

I'm loving Ink London at the minute. Its a hybrid like shellac and I dont buff with it. It also removes better than any other gel polish I've seen. My clients seem to get longer with ink than shellac too.

The colour range isn't massive at the minute but hopefully that will change. They do a trial of top, base, a colour, dehydrator (although i'll stick to scrubfresh), remover and cleanser for really cheap so its worth a try.

Can you do all the usual bits as with shellac, ie glitter, foils crystals etc with the same effect?x

Crystal Nails has a line that specifically states it does not require buffing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use Gelicure and don't buff, just had a look at Ink London, for those of you who have used it what do you think? What are the pros and cons, how long does it last? I as very tempted to purchase the test kit. At the moment my Gelicure remover is proving hard work, it was never like this before, wonder if it's because they have changed the too coat?

Latest posts

Back