A problem with pencil sharpening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vika

Reaction score
Hi:)

Have such problem: trying to sharpening my Make-Up pencils in the normal pencil iron sharpener, of which I'm attaching a photo - 21416-1002-3ww-l.jpg and it's crushing and smudging the lead of a pencil, even though I learnt that you need to freeze the pencil first and now doing that previously to sharpening, and still continue to do this. Really frustrating, as I already wasted so much of a pencil, and it's quite expensive one from Bourjois...
So I thought maybe someone of you guys has the same problem and can spread their knowledge with me about how to fix it?

Thanks x

don't use a normal sharpener. Get a make up pencil sharpener. I've never had a problem sharpening any make up pencil at all provides you use one designed for make up pencils.

don't use a normal sharpener. Get a make up pencil sharpener. I've never had a problem sharpening any make up pencil at all provides you use one designed for make up pencils.

Hi Adamantine!

Thank you for your reply:) I thought about that, but then read an article on the internet that the previous pencil freezing will sort it out and there wasn't anything said about the correct sharpener, so I thought that this probably isn't the case, but start thinking about it again when the freezing didn't help a lot...:(
Will probably have to buy one purposed to use for Make-Up pencils then, thank you very much for an advice!;)

Can you actually recommend a good one? Or tell which one are you using, please? :)

I use a no7 one I bought more years ago than I care to remember lol

I bought a double one from sallys that does big and normal pencils. It's definitely a different sort of sharpener to a normal pencil sharpener. You don't need to spend a lot x

Ok, I'm not going to bitch about the 'freezing' technique, but how would you intend to do this if you were on a job and needed to sharpen between clients?

Go to MAC or somewhere and get a cosmetic pencil sharpener. They are not expensive.

Latest posts

Back