A question for the judges amongst you, age of models?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candy cupcake

Reaction score
I am joining the world of competing this year (very exciting!) and my proposed model is a lady of more mature years whose hands do show their age (a few age spots and wrinkles...).

Will this affect my scores when competing?

x

Bump?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using SalonGeek mobile app

I have competed a few times.
Althu it is a competition based on the nail beds and the nails you produce , a lot goes on your model.
I really wouldn't use her if her hands "look" mature.

I agree with Louise.

Your models hands should be as nice as they can be .. Younger hands will show off your work the best.

A makeup artist would not use a mature person to show off her best work .. Same principal applies with nails in my opinion and I have judged many competition nails.

thank you both for your replies.

looks like I'd better keep hunting....

while your here geeg, do you know if vinylux is acceptable as polish for competitions even though it is a different formulation to traditional polish?

xxx

Gosh!!! I might be modelling this years show... Pressure! I better get moisturising my hands lol.....

thank you both for your replies.

looks like I'd better keep hunting....

while your here geeg, do you know if vinylux is acceptable as polish for competitions even though it is a different formulation to traditional polish?

xxx
F

I'm sure it is acceptable .. It's polish after all. Good choice for a competition because of the fast drying. Do many models mess up their polish while waiting for it to dry. X

Thanks geeg wildfire and a new model it is x

Latest posts

Back