A slight hiccup with dying my hair red.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dayna

Reaction score
When ever I dye my hair (red in this case) the lengths and ends always end up darker than my roots which is what has happened this time. How can I rectify that? I even did the lengths and ends first and the roots last but that didn't work. I also want to put a more vibrant red on (I was thinking maybe a shade from the majirouge range with 30 vol peroxide) because I'm not happy with the result as my base shade I would say is between medium brown and dark brown so the red is darker than I'd hoped!

Any advice would be appreciated.

please go to a hairdresser, failing that be a model at a college. There is too much instruction on how to put it right to type here, and keep putting more colour on will make the problem worse and worse.

If the ends of your hair are already dark.. DONTTTTT put any colour on them, they will only get darker. even if you are using a lighter shade of colour, tint cannot lift tint, so it will still make the ends darker. all i can suggest is only colour the roots (it may look a lit strange the 1st few times as the roots will be lighter than the ends) but after a few times the colour should start to even out slightly. after the colour on the ends has faded a bit, try running the colour through the ends, but only for 10 mins or so. also if you use 30vol on the roots, OF COURSE theyre going to be bright and the ends will be dark. so i would advise against it. go to a professional and get them to match up a colour close to whats on the ends of your hair, then go a shade or 2 lighter and have them colour your roots with that. it will blend nicer and you can gradually go lighter and brighter.

Latest posts

Back