a straighter smile line

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niks85

Reaction score
hi all!
well i did these nails yesterday, an the lady wanted a straighter smile line... i have nevr done this b4 :confused: , it usually a C shape i do.
so just want to no wat ya think of them like this....
thanks for listen :hug:

They look nice a bit more natural. Like the nail art. x

i think they are nice the thing is when doing clients in the salon is that lovely deep smiling smiles are not always practical......

you have to think about the growth of the nail i tend to try and stick to their natural smile line of just a tad smilier if that makes sense??

when you are doing french or a colour the nail grows and you start to see the natural free edge coming through what you don't want is to see that natural coming through after a week because your smile lines are deep, smile line can still look fantastic if you just concerntrate on getting the line crisp and running completely from one side wall to the other finishing neatly.

i hope this makes sense lol sorry to over take your post hun yu did a fab job :hug:

I really like them and I love the nail art,some hands dont suit the more straighter smile line but these do IMO.

Sue x

All my clients except 1 have a nice soft curve....i prefer it. I ain't a fan of ultra deep smile lines.

i think these look nice.they look quite natural as the smile line is not that sharp which is good if thats the look you wanted it just means that your smile lines dont stand out that much.well done.xx

wow wasnt thanks girls... i just tot its was a deep C and that was it. that was the way i was trained. its the first time a client wanted this so i was pretty nervous on how they would turn out!
so its normall and ok to have straighter smiles when the occasion calls for it....
thanks girls for settin on th straight n narrow! :lol:

actually... one more question if u dont mind..
do u think straigher smiles look better on square n scround,
and the deeper smile on round, stilleto n oval?
i no its personal preference has alot to do with it.
just wondering wat sort of wave lenght is out there
sorry for going on :o

i prefer a natural curve on square and soft square and then a deeper curvier smile on oval nails.

they r nice and natural....they r not really straight but u can say they r not deep smile lines...well done hun..xx

Latest posts

Back