Aaa remy hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubs

Reaction score
hello as u can see iv put some posts up about trying to find good hair for extensions it needs to be weft and im finding it really hard to find some can people please tell me what they think of i&k hair and tell me the difference between the grades in remy iv not used them before i have people booked in but lost faith in usual ones im getting desperate xx

Remy means hair from combings as opposed to cut off the head. Remy is not root point correct, and because of that it is cuticle stripped and coated. Please be aware there are an awful lot of dodgy people selling hair online. Rarely will you get "lucky" and get good hair for a supercheap price.
Sourcing combings for hair extensions exploits child labour, please think about the ethics of demanding cheap hair.

You must get fed up of repeating yourself,lol!!
merry Christmas persianista : ) x

Remy means hair from combings as opposed to cut off the head. Remy is not root point correct, and because of that it is cuticle stripped and coated. Please be aware there are an awful lot of dodgy people selling hair online. Rarely will you get "lucky" and get good hair for a supercheap price.
Sourcing combings for hair extensions exploits child labour, please think about the ethics of demanding cheap hair.

hi thanks il prob go with celeb elite its just so hard finding good hair and because its really blonde its even harder xx

Not sure what you mean by collected from combings?? Remy hair is absolutely uniform from root to point and is usually collected from a pony tail in one cut. I am not an expert in hair extensions, but my understanding is that remy hair is the highest grade of real, natural human hair that is especially purchased for use in wigs or hair extensions. Russian, Indian or Mongolian Remy human hair produces the best, most natural hair pieces and extensions as the texture is more European in feel and texture. Remy hair is considered to be the top quality in human hair because the cuticles are kept in the same direction. Maintaining the hairs cuticle and aligning them in a unidirectional way for weaving to create a whefts or extensions and creates a hair piece that are the very best. Virgin (untreated chemically) is the most expensive, and can be completely natural in appearance.

Virgin cuticle correct hair is NOT remy hair. Virgin cuticle correct is indeed cut off in a ponytail, then reverse drawn into lengths.
Remy hair is combings from peoples brushes and other wastage in the hair processing journey. Please watch the film "slumdog millionaire". One of the harvests from the rubbish dumps is hair combings. It is then hackled out,drawn, stripped and coated, then used in hair ext and before that, wigs. It was a huge industry in Italy until the sixties.

what is halo hair like it says remy does anyone know if this is good company lol x

Ive never used it, but i did a geeks hair last week,and she recomended it.
x

what is halo hair like it says remy does anyone know if this is good company lol x

Sorry Johnathon, but this really is my area!

oh no dont argue anybody keep the festive spirit lol im going to go with halo hair so hopefully itl be good thanks for all advice xx

We are not arguing..well I am not anyway! I think we are both being mutually respectful. This is an area I am moving into so I need to learn and this is the best place to do it! I think I am making it clear that I am no expert.
So if I am reading right from Persianista remy hair extensions are collected from brushes and rubbish dumps then end up looking gorgeous and selling for £100 plus??? I think I must have this wrong.
By the way, either way, I agree that there may be massive ethical issues about the source of some hair.
I have now phoned a friend who is an expert also and left a message to get second opinion..watch this space geeks!

I have seen photos of the huge baskets of combings. My dear old ex is a very prominent hair merchant who I still deal with, and we spent a lot of time on the subject when I did C&G wigmaking. I am really not making this up. Hair combing can be hackled out. I have done it myself.

Latest posts

Back