Accidentally bought wrong strength peroxide!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophielouise1

Reaction score
So I bought a 20 vol instead of 30 and now I'm kicking myself because I don't have the money or time to buy a 30 and have to do someones hair this week with high lift tint!! Will the result still come out okay or should I try to get my hands on some 30? Is there any other way?

What base is your client? What colour you using? What result are you aiming for?

She's about a base of a 7 and she her hair has slightly warm golden tones to it, using a 12/0 from the wella range just looking for a match for her roots and the rest of her hair. I'm starting to panic now!!

Bleach with 20vol then tone with something warm

Only thing is she doesn't want bleach as she's pregnant atm. I know this is my fault for not reading properly but would I just be better off ordering a bottle of 30 vol and hoping it comes in time?

Can't you mix your 20vol and 40vol?x

Wella highlift tint should only be used with 40 vol (12%) mixing 1:2 ratio not 30 vol

No, it's one part water to 3 parts 40 vol (12%).

No you can use peroxide instead, then it doesn't de-stabilise the peroxide and weaken the buffers

Only thing is she doesn't want bleach as she's pregnant atm. I know this is my fault for not reading properly but would I just be better off ordering a bottle of 30 vol and hoping it comes in time?

What's bleach and pregnant gotta do with anything? Your the stylist not her!

No you can use peroxide instead, then it doesn't de-stabilise the peroxide and weaken the buffers

Yes, I can see that makes sense.
Diluting liquid peroxide with water is how I was taught and also what the text books advise.

I must admit, I've often wondered about the 'own brand' peroxides that wholesalers sell by the lorry load, especially the 18% variety. I wonder how they affect the result?

Latest posts

Back