Accredited vs in house certificates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie_w_

Reaction score
Right ladies; I've got a selection of certificates in beauty! Manicure, acrylics, spray tan, high impact brows, shrinking violet and semi perm eyelashes. Now when I'm looking at my certificates, only the sienna X had the accredited/the guild of beauty therapists/babtac logos on. All the others are "in house" certificates. Now without a full nvq am I still ok to treat clients in my salon and be fully insured with these "in house" documents?

Thanks for you help x

Right ladies; I've got a selection of certificates in beauty! Manicure, acrylics, spray tan, high impact brows, shrinking violet and semi perm eyelashes. Now when I'm looking at my certificates, only the sienna X had the accredited/the guild of beauty therapists/babtac logos on. All the others are "in house" certificates. Now without a full nvq am I still ok to treat clients in my salon and be fully insured with these "in house" documents?

Thanks for you help x

I think you're best of speaking to your Insurers to find the answer to this. They're the only one's who'll know I'm guessing!
Good luck with your new business.

Yeah, I'm waiting 2 insurance company's to email/ring me back. If the in house certificates can't be insured I'm unaware of why the courses are out there. X

Yeah, I'm waiting 2 insurance company's to email/ring me back. If the in house certificates can't be insured I'm unaware of why the courses are out there. X

I do hope your not offended when i say this as no offence is given here to you but therapists need to see this has a warning when looking at booking a one/ two day courses.

This is why you should check to see if the course is an accredited qualification and with which insurance co ... As anything else is a certificate of attendance (which means you attended a course not passed it or qualified in it.
A course unless they are accredited by The Guild / Babtac to name the ones I look for when I book a course, and look at the Guild course guides to make sure the provider is an accredited teacher / sch .... As most insurance co's won't insure you .... ( you may tell me different once they come back to you - I'll wait and see) But with the guild only insuring Guild Courses, and Babtac only taking their own & The Guild I won't hold my breath (sorry to be blunt)

Certificate of attendance courses are usually for ppl who want to a) do there own treatment at home for themselves in themselves b) looking at a career in the industry so is a taster course ....

Was these courses with the specific Brand Did you book a course with them direct ie

Shrinking violet ? as you can't do this course anywhere else but with them ?

Thanks for your reply; yes they are all booked with individual company's ie shrinking violet, arch angels brows, salon systems lashes and sienna X tan. I do currently have insurance for all if these treatments so it's no problem me being mobile and treating clients. I made sure of all the mobile insurance requirements years ago when I started up. It's just now that I'm opening my own shop I don't know if things change regarding insurance certificates.

Thanks for your reply; yes they are all booked with individual company's ie shrinking violet, arch angels brows, salon systems lashes and sienna X tan. I do currently have insurance for all if these treatments so it's no problem me being mobile and treating clients. I made sure of all the mobile insurance requirements years ago when I started up. It's just now that I'm opening my own shop I don't know if things change regarding insurance certificates.

You should be ok with those tbh if you've already had insurance being mobile / what would the difference be to being salon based.
X

SVW are accredited and you can also insurance through their insurance group as well.
As a SVW therapist you can just contact Jane Newton with questions.

Latest posts

Back