Training provider problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megansweeting

Reaction score
Problems with Training provider

I am a qualified beauty therapist who wanted to further my skills. I work for myself which I rent a room providing beauty treatments, and started following the xxx xxx group on Facebook and saw they posted a status stating 'pay today £500 and recieve a grant of £2000 from a charity' I instantly thought to myself WOW and went ahead as this is a great price for semi-permanent make-up training. This was a month before attending the course,3 weeks later (1 week until my training) I didn't recieve no information of start times or info on uniform Etc. I received my training manual which was needed to read thoroughly before the course was to start on the Monday! I turned up to the course on the Monday and I must say I am young myself but all the staff there looked the similar age!! The training was to a high standard but manners and helpfulness cannot be said the same! I received my certificate on the Wednesday the last day of the training, and I am currently insured with BABTAC. I rang BABTAC to certify my qualification and to be fully insured to provide spmu to find out they do not insure this company due to the course they were providing not covering everything needed for them to cover it!! I rang the Training Provider to tell them this and simply asked a few questions of why wasn't I told Babtac don't cover this course and I asked for the name of the person I was speaking to she wouldn't share this with me through the phone call and asked if she would send me in writing a list of the 5 insurable companies they state insure the course and wouldn't do that neither!! And THEN put the phone down. I am Not happy at all with this company and they are basically scamming people in the industry or people wanting to get into the industry! I have now done research on the company which I SHOULD of done before to find out they have gone bust numberous times and have re set-up in different names. This should be enough to warn people off PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't use this company to train with very unprofessional.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had to edit out the references to the name of the Training company as it is against Forum rules to post potentially libellous material. Sorry!

However, I do appreciate that you are very unhappy with the service from this company.

I intend to leave this thread simply as a reminder to fellow geeks to do lots of research about a training provider before parting with any money.

Finally, if you have paid for any part of your course by credit card, you may be able to claim a refund from the credit card company under the terms of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Please seek advice from your local Citizens Advice, Consumer Advice dept. or Trading Standards office.

Even without the name I know who this company is.. Unfortunately this is what happens when you pay small amounts and don't research! There are threads about them on this very site. i can't believe they are still allowed to do this it's been going on for years now!
X

Call trading standards and ask for their input and see which laws they may have infringed. I would however suggested the small claims court to get you money back, using the Misrepresentation act 1964.

Surely their name has been banded about enough for trading standards to do something, but it seems they are very clever.
A friend of mine was told by her credit card company she needed proof from the Guild that they were not training where and what was advertised and that insurance was being refused..., unfortunately the terms and conditions she signed prior to the class (which she didn't attend) were worded in such a way that although she paid for certified training they mention leisure courses in this "contract" meaning as the verifiers or credit card company did not know what was agreed my friend doesn't get her proof or get money back! They are also very good at attacking anyone who voices an opinion on their facebook page and forums..

It's outrageous! Our industry should boycott them! X

sorry didnt mean to break any forum rules and i fully understand i am glad the post is still available for others to read and i will take everyones advice on board! thanks everyone.

I am just about to book a course, would someone be able to pm me please so I can check . Thanks

Latest posts

Back