Accupuncture needle left in my back!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudeymel

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just a bit shocked really, I had accupuncture at midday today for the first time where needles were put in my back, wrists and ankles. I left thinking I wasn't too keen, went about my business for the rest of the day, fast forward to 13hrs later and as I'm getting ready for bed I feel something in my back and pull out an accupuncture needle! I was so shocked, imagine if I'd gone to sleep with it in, it could have caused some real damage. I will definitely not be getting accupuncture again!

Attachments

• 1414550824068.jpg
    1414550824068.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 306
Hey everyone, just a bit shocked really, I had accupuncture at midday today for the first time where needles were put in my back, wrists and ankles. I left thinking I wasn't too keen, went about my business for the rest of the day, fast forward to 13hrs later and as I'm getting ready for bed I feel something in my back and pull out an accupuncture needle! I was so shocked, imagine if I'd gone to sleep with it in, it could have caused some real damage. I will definitely not be getting accupuncture again!

Oh crap! That's not right at all! I'd get back in touch with the people who did it and tell them and show them! I'm sure anyone who does this service would never leave a needle in and would double and triple check that there was none left! Defiantly get in touch with them lovely xxx

That happened to my friend, left one in the top of her head.

Not painful though and no harm done but the acupuncturist was mortified.

I know someone that had this happen to them and they thought it was hilarious! they said "at least it released the tension!" ha ha ha!

Don't be put off its just one of those things.. really good for those people that suffer from sciatica, helps relieve the nerve ending and sorts out the blood flow! (just try a different acupuncturist!) xoxo

Yep, get back in touch with the acupuncturist and let them know..They need to know so they can review their procedures and yep they will be mortified!!!!

I'm an acupuncturist who checks, double checks triple checks my needle count and marks my notes to that effect ;) As the thought of leaving a needle in is my worst nightmare.

I use a fairly superficial needling technique so if a patient were to stand up, jiggle about a bit or move clothes near the needle, they would fall out!

A couple of times a needle has fallen out during a treatment and my patients have seen me grovel around on my hands and knees looking for it on the floor, not letting them move from the couch until I've located it! :)

I sent her a pic and she said sorry but it happens sometimes, I just think what if I'd leant on it and it had gone further in or I'd not noticed and gone to sleep with it in. I think I'll give accupuncture a wide berth for now x

mmmmm.......we'll I'd be mortified.

sadly it does sometimes happen, I know I left one in once :sad: That's the only time I know I have in 18 years of practice.

Come and see me! but I think the commute may be a bit far. :wink2:

Latest posts

Back