Accutane, before, during and after

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100mg! Blimey!! It's gets even better when ur off it, the side effects take a while to go but in no time ull b where I am now! :)

awe good glad to hear it, :biggrin: i was worried it might flare up again for a while before going away completely as this is what the hospital told me, but i think they just tell you to expect the worst. xx

When was the programme on? Wish i'd seen it!

I was told about the serious side effects. About depression etc & immediate terminations, towards the end of my second treatment i was starting to feel really sad & would burst into tears for no reason! Also the fact i was sick of all the side effects i had!!

But its worth it in the end when you have clear skin for the rest of your life :) �� x

Here it is BBC Three - Dying for Clear Skin

Wow Sarah what a difference, you must be thrilled with the results. xx

awe good glad to hear it, :biggrin: i was worried it might flare up again for a while before going away completely as this is what the hospital told me, but i think they just tell you to expect the worst. xx

Mine did flare up but few months after the treatment the scars are hardly noticeable! I've used Nivea the blue pot! It's what the plastic surgeons say to use on scars! Done me wonders x

Mimo, are u saying acutane caused it or might of caused it?

Wow Sarah what a difference, you must be thrilled with the results. xx

Yeah I am thank u! Feeling much more comfortable and confident!!! Started to wear more daring eye makeup and playing with diff styles where as before I just used to concentrate on covering up!!!

Mimo, are u saying acutane caused it or might of caused it?

I think there's a possibility there could be a link! There are some forum's discussing this and mention of potential claims against Roche the pharmaceutical company......but not just for diabetes as crohns disease and ulcerative colitis are also mentioned! X

Here's a comment from one post I found! The last part is interesting!

April 25, 2012**

@EffieTrinket:

I took Accutane in 2002 for six months for some real bad acne.

I don't remember the dosage, but anyway it is proportional to your body weight, so your doctor prescribes it accordingly.*

Although I had serious risks of developing Type 2 diabetes (family history and excess body weight), my blood tests before starting were OK, and my dermatologist approved treatment with Accutane after all else had failed.

I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes last November, at the age of 32, but apparently I've had it for at least 4 years (based on a blood test I found from that time).

I sincerely cannot blame Accutane for sure, as I have no concrete proof of this. I was expecting to get diabetes at some point in my life, but not at this young age (in my twenties), and I strongly suspect Accutane for playing a role in precipitating this at least.

I'm still reeling from all the changes in my life this has implied (diabetes is no fun, that I can assure you), and I only made the connection to Accutane a few days ago, and started making my research online.

There isn't much info regarding its link to diabetes, because apparently this is quite recent. All I've found are links and pages about Crohn's disease (Post Accutane Side Effects Years Later |) and this about Type 1 diabetes:

(Clear for Life Accutane may cause diabetes » Clear for Life), but there is also mention somewhere (I can't seem to find the link anymore) that Roche (Accutane's manufacturer) was obliged to add "may cause diabetes" on Accutane's leaflet starting January 2010.* *

Hi, your skin looks amazing now :). Just thought I'd chip in with a bit of info that might be useful to some people. I don't have acne, I've had spots but nothing serious. However I do have rosacea and it got progressively worse, was referred to the dermatologist and did the antibiotics, oral and topical, camoflauge make up etc. Dermalogica facials were good at giving relief but the effect was temporary even using the products at home. However two things made a huge difference - seeing a nutritional therapist and having acupuncture. Neither of them were for the rosacea, they were for different issues (nutritionist for digestive probs, acupuncture for detoxing the pill), but both had a significant effect on my skin. I can now wear bare minerals make up and have gone make up free on occasion which I would never have done before.

You might also want to check this out The End of Acne - Finally! - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

I'm 32 and I've suffered from acne since I was 20.i have really bad scarring and I started on roacutane three weeks ago and I know I'm been impatient but it's not made any difference,my skin hS not even got dry yet and other people I spoke to got much quicker results

Latest posts

Back