Achey wrists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
I've only been hairdressing for 5 years. But recently my wrists really ache.

Other than getting new scissors what can I do?

Are there any strength building exercises that might help?

New scissors won't make any difference sorry

I've had both my wrists operated on with no success so get to Physio as soon as you can and invest serious money into your wrists that make you your money and ensure you do the exercises given before you end up like me oh and less time in the computer!

Take care

New scissors won't make any difference sorry

I've had both my wrists operated on with no success so get to Physio as soon as you can and invest serious money into your wrists that make you your money and ensure you do the exercises given before you end up like me oh and less time in the computer!

Take care

I barely use a computer.
I text a lot.
Only noticed since I started Pilates. [emoji17]

Wrists, shoulders, elbows... The list of pains goes on... There are some good excercise videos on YouTube for hairdressers tho

Texting is hellish on dodgy wrists and fingers (it can spread) but we all text a lot sadly it's a sign of the times. Try to use a talk to text service or similar (make sure it's on silent in salon as I've had an embarrassing incident once haha). Rest rest and more rest is the best.

The way you hold your phone can affect your wrists too, my thumbs kill after I've been on my phone all night coz I hold it with my thumb along the bottom edge and my index finger up the side, I read an article about it online the other day, it's a very un natural position for humans to keep their hands in so its kind of like rsi because of a phone :confused:

I've experienced this quite badly in the past with my wrist.
As i carried on using it it became worse, unfortunately there's not a lot you can do for wrist pain apart from resting them, its not very pleasant, there are wrist supports you can buy and these do help if you wear them while fitting. Xx

I have same problem atm. Have had several sessions of Physio. After at end of day or after work/hair cut Physio told me to ice with bag of frozen peas in tea towel for 15mins, daily. Takes swelling down, also take neurofen if painful for a few days. I also sleep with a wrist support which has metal strip in forcing wrist into rest position. Feels better in am. As everyone else said, less texting/social media/computer etc. It's why I have not been on here as much! Rest up!

Latest posts

Back