acne on client's back

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p_hoarau

Reaction score
hi everyone,
i was thinking, do you provide in salon for client that have very bad acne on their back? how do you name this treatment? what is the steps in the treatment.

Regards
Presh

A back treatment (facial for the back). you do everything you would do in a facial, tailor made for the back. Use your acne prone range and include extractions for comedones etc. these can be very popular (esp with brides and grooms) and in teh run up to summer. They are normally priced around £30-£40. HTHs:)

hi everyone,
i was thinking, do you provide in salon for client that have very bad acne on their back? how do you name this treatment? what is the steps in the treatment.

Regards
Presh

I'm glad I'm a nail tech:)
I'd name this treatment masochism.

As suggested an Acne / sensitive range would be suitable, although these skin types can be a combination of skin types all on the one pallete.

Do your consultation - determine the angry acne area's, treat with appropriate product.

Define the area's [ if any ] that are not as inflammed etc & treat with sensitive skin product.

I would exclude a massage with this type of treatment, replace with a nice soothing/claming masque & give a great head or hand/foot massage as an alternative.

HtH

XX J XX

where i used to work it was called a purifying back treatment

As suggested an Acne / sensitive range would be suitable, although these skin types can be a combination of skin types all on the one pallete.

Do your consultation - determine the angry acne area's, treat with appropriate product.

Define the area's [ if any ] that are not as inflammed etc & treat with sensitive skin product.

I would exclude a massage with this type of treatment, replace with a nice soothing/claming masque & give a great head or hand/foot massage as an alternative.

HtH

XX J XX

I'm a nail tech not a beauty therapist so just being nosey but why would you exclude a massage? Would it stimulate oil glands (guessing? . . .)

if there is a bad case of acne it may actually be a contraindication (as it would be too uncomfortable and inflamed etc). If it is a back treatment for congested skin, a lymphatic drainage massage would be a good addition HTHs

A back treatment (facial for the back). you do everything you would do in a facial, tailor made for the back. Use your acne prone range and include extractions for comedones etc. these can be very popular (esp with brides and grooms) and in teh run up to summer. They are normally priced around £30-£40. HTHs:)

i wish i had known about this treatment it is something i suffered with as a teenager, never had any problem with my face just my back, its something I would love to offer as a treatment, would i need to have specific training to do this.

i wish i had known about this treatment it is something i suffered with as a teenager, never had any problem with my face just my back, its something I would love to offer as a treatment, would i need to have specific training to do this.

to offer a basic back treatment (2x cleanse, exfo, extractions, mask, tone , moist) i dont see why a level 2 (or equivalent) wouldnt cover this. If you want to include a back massage you will need your massage, or level 3 (or equivalent). What skincare brand are you using?they may offer training in their own method, or you can just adapt your own facial routine.:)

i use eve taylor but live a long way from their training centre, i think i'd feel happy enough to do the treatment without the massage i can just adapt what i do already, like joolz mentioned as a purifying treatment i like to use steam as well which i think would really benefit the treatment, thanks for that eager b. x

i use eve taylor but live a long way from their training centre, i think i'd feel happy enough to do the treatment without the massage i can just adapt what i do already, like joolz mentioned as a purifying treatment i like to use steam as well which i think would really benefit the treatment, thanks for that eager b. x

good luck, maybe you could do a special to get it off the ground (clients could have a course now ready for summer). i trained myself, so to speak, when it came to back treatments. :)

thanks, going to practice on hubby tonight x

where I work a treatment like that is called Lifesaving back treatment: steam while cleansing and exfoliating, extract if possible, tea tree oil blend for light massage, mud mask-cover with foil blanket, do nice calf and feet massage while thats on. Lots of clients love it!
Guinot does Hydradermie for back using galvanic and high frq. same as for face! Really good!

steam while cleansing and exfoliating, extract if possible, tea tree oil blend for light massage, mud mask-cover with foil blanket, do nice calf and feet massage while thats on. !

I like the sound of this, I have a back facial this evening, haven't done one in ages and was going to do a thread on it - but now there's no need to :)

Would you steam from 1st or second cleanse? I'm going to use the exfoliating gloves from ellisons instead of a scrub. I'll probably use a clay mask in oil depending on skin.

I don't have a foil blanket, could I use tin foil and cover her back with a towel to keep the heat in? All ideas are appreciated.

hi everyone,

Regards
Presh
hey well at stafford college we use a machine called high frequence direct its is an electrical treatment and it is very good for spotie backs it drys the skin out it is not painful quite realxing really but i'm sure most salons will use it x

Latest posts

Back