Acrygel-Chickettes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tattooednailed

Reaction score
Doesn't look like a good idea :/
I don't think adding the powder is making the nail stronger, I think its all the layers of the gel polish.
Could be wrong but..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Very unprofessional. The misuse of different products is negligible and voids insurance in case of reactions.
This is all very DIY and I would hope no serious professional nail technician would entertain the idea.
P.S. Nor should it be posted in a professional nail forum as it gives inaccurate information/advice/ideas to new techs that are here to learn.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

I've just seen this on chickettes and wondered if any of you ladies know anything about it?
Seems like you could just use a hard gel or structure gel...would it actually be stronger and is it a bad idea

Here's the link (I hope!)
Using Acrygel for Added Strength & Nail Repairs

I have used this technique on my own nails using Shellac base and CND Retention+ acrylic powder. Using just one coat of acrygel made a huge difference in the strength of my nails. One warning however, gel sticks really well to my nails and soaking off acrygel took significantly longer than just Shellac. Others report that removal only adds about 5 minutes additional soaking time. For me acrygel is significantly stronger than soak off structure gel.

Very unprofessional. The misuse of different products is negligible and voids insurance in case of reactions.
This is all very DIY and I would hope no serious professional nail technician would entertain the idea.
P.S. Nor should it be posted in a professional nail forum as it gives inaccurate information/advice/ideas to new techs that are here to learn.

Obvious points and I respect that those are valid facts. Just wanted to know if there were many techs trying this, as I don't see that it would be any good

Just a few professional products that exist:

These products appear to be a combination of hard gel and acrylic powder.

Michelle Porter

Acrygel :: Acry Gel Training Products Gel Nail Systems

Star Nails
AcryGel : Star Nail

The Nail Company
The Nail Company - AcryGel Conversion Kit

This is a soft gel product that suggests mixing it with colored acrylic power—which makes soft gel acrygel. Note this is a thread from Salon Geek

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/...el-polish-colours-eyeshadows-nail-polish.html

08-01-14 post by the developer of this product.

geeg I'm not trying to fool anyone!
It is just a gel system designed to make this type of application easy. You can mix pigment with anything but mega mix is not limited to pigment you can mix it with polish acrylic powder mica glitter or a combination of many.

Just a few professional products that exist:

These products appear to be a combination of hard gel and acrylic powder.

Michelle Porter

Acrygel :: Acry Gel Training Products Gel Nail Systems

Star Nails
AcryGel : Star Nail

The Nail Company
The Nail Company - AcryGel Conversion Kit

This is a soft gel product that suggests mixing it with colored acrylic power—which makes soft gel acrygel. Note this is a thread from Salon Geek

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/...el-polish-colours-eyeshadows-nail-polish.html

08-01-14 post by the developer of this product.

geeg I'm not trying to fool anyone!
It is just a gel system designed to make this type of application easy. You can mix pigment with anything but mega mix is not limited to pigment you can mix it with polish acrylic powder mica glitter or a combination of many.

Thanks! I must've missed that comment on the mega mix thread as I read the whole lot before I bought some hehe!

Andrea from chickettes isn't actually a nail tech either. So be wary of that, her main thing is just swatches and she gets most of her stuff off eBay. The prof. Acrygel stuff is probably made to work together and not just 2 different brands and products working stuck together. I tried this after seeing it on her site also and 2 days later my gel colour peeled off and underneath the acrlygel stuff was powdery looking and breaking down, took it off immediately. Would never do this on a client and glad I only did one nail.

I have been doing acrygel on my own nails for a few months now and find that it adds considerable strength to my nails. I do it somewhat differently than she does - I cure the base coat first and sprinkle the acrylic powder into the inhibition layer and brush off the excess, and I only do one coat. They last as long, if not longer, than my regular gel polish manis. It does require a extra minute or two of soaking to remove. I would not recommend doing this with clients for a number of reasons, not the least of which is sanitation.

I'm confused....isn't the acrylic just a powder if it's not mixed with monomer? How can it be adding strength if not activated?

Hi I was trained in Holland a few years ago by Magnetic Nail Design as a teacher for them and Acrygel is one of the advanced techniques that they teach you. It does make a stronger product even though it's a powder, when the gel goes through the curing process the gel bonds around the acrylic particles and activates the powder. We were taught more to use in builder gels than gel polish but the principle should still be the same. There is a slight risk that if you are making this very strong product that the natural nail can't support it, but a good technician will know if a natural nail is able to or not. Hope this helps x

I have used a variety of techniques for fixing broken nails and by far acrygel provides the best repair. If necessary I also use a small piece of silk or fiberglass cured into the base coat layer to reinforce the damaged area before applying the acrygel.

Latest posts

Back